Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cry me a river and wash your clothes in it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cry me a river and wash your clothes in it!

Shift change at the grocery store is always busy, so I've got three or four customers in my line. First customer of my shift comes up, unloads her items, watching the screen like a hawk to make sure everything rings up exactly right.

"Wait!"

I stop scanning. "Yes, ma'am?"

"That Tide is $2/5! It says it on the tag! You wanna go look at the tag? Come on, I'll show you! It's TWO for $5!"

So reluctantly, I follow the woman down aisle nine, all the while she's stepping on my heels, whining about this stupid laundry powder. I sigh. For some reason, the "bright sky" Tide she had chosen was not on sale, while the other two scents were. Carefully, I point it out to her....yeah, whatever.

"WHAT!? So, let me get this straight. You're telling me that this scent is not on sale, but the other ones, the exact same brand, are? This is ridiculous! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Who came up with this stupid idea!?" Etc, etc, whine, whine, whine. She ends up buying the scent that is on sale.

I try to console her during her bright sky breakdown. Again...yeah, right. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me either, but I've got three other customers in line that have caught her very contagious case of bitch-itis and am in no mood to kiss butt. "Sorry about that, ma'am."

"Yes, well, so am I. That's just...absolutely ridiculous."

"Again, ma'am, I apologize. Have a nice day."

"Well, I don't think I'll be shopping here again, and I'll be sure to tell my friends not to, either!"

Ugh. Come on, get over it. If you had acted nicer about it, I'd have no problem giving you the scent you were so adamant about purchasing at the sale price.
    "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
    -FSTDT

Well, I do see her point, but she needed to complain to a manager, as you obviously had no authority to alter the price.

Great thread title by the way, very funny!

Comment

It's frickin laundry detergent. Once scent is just as good as any other. Your clothes will get just as clean.

Comment

That's how they try to trick you, you know. They put non-sale items on display with sale items, and hope that no one notices.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X