This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Discount Family Blues

From back in the day at Hardee's (remember them?)...

We had a family that came in two or three times a week. Mom, Dad, couple of kids. They always brought Gramma (a thouroughly nice person) with. Because that way they got their food with her Senior Discount.

They would come in, and load up on all the Greasy, Greasy Goodness that Hardee's had to offer. Gramma sometimes was allowed to get a cup of coffee. Sometimes. But they never got her food.

And sometimes, sometimes her family would let her sit at the same table as the rest of the family.

Nasty, nasty people.
    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Are you serious? They used her discount? How is that possible? Because she ordered for them?

Well, let's look at it this way. Maybe granny wanted to spend time with her family or take them out to eat. She couldn't really afford it but wanted to do so anyway. Maybe the family liked Hardee's but granny couldn't really eat that nasty, icky, greasy food, she however, enjoyed her families company -sometimes, and when she didn't she ate at a different table to stay away from the greasy feeding frenzy.

I try to find the silver lining to all gray clouds.

By the way, in Omaha, there are still Hardee's and I don't go near them!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

By the sounds of the post, Gramma didn't always get to even sit with them. That's terrible. Wouldn't a senior's discount only apply to the food/bevvies that the senior orders, or would that make too much sense?
      -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
      -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
        From back in the day at Hardee's (remember them?)...
        I remember Hardee's AND the obscene name I'd refer to them as.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I never heard of a senior discount applying to anyone but a senior.

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
            Same here. I do remember Hardees.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Hardees were around last summer down in Texas and Oklahoma when we rolled through, and they exist as Carls Junior up here.

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
                Neither have I. When I eat out with my my parents, who both qualify, they get it but I don't.
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

People like that make a Jeff Foxworthy Redneck look like a New York Socialite.

Comment

We used to have Hardees in my town. Two of them. Both had playgrounds and I attended many a classmate's birthday party at them.

Both of them closed down. Too bad. Their food was always pretty good to me.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how an entire family can get a senior citizens discount with only one senior citizen in the party.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I had a week-long nasty fast food binge where i literally ate nothing but Hardees. I couldn't help myself. It was like greasy crack and i'm sure it took a few years off my life.

You speak of Gramma like she was some sort of prisoner. Did she ever whisper "call the police..." to you as they were wheeling her out?

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
                        You speak of Gramma like she was some sort of prisoner. Did she ever whisper "call the police..." to you as they were wheeling her out?
                        No, nothing like that.

But our Exteemed Manager's interpretation of Senior Discount was that it applied to the whole party if one person was a senior citizen.

Must satisfy the customer, you know.
                        I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
                          I had a week-long nasty fast food binge where i literally ate nothing but Hardees. I couldn't help myself. It was like greasy crack and i'm sure it took a few years off my life.
                          Imagine the damage I did to myself when I ate at a Whataburger for 45 days straight!

Amazing what a guy will do to get a girl's attention. And no--I didn't get the girl!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Hardee's mushroom/swiss burger is to die for but their fries have sucked ever since they started to batter dip them. <shudder>

Former Hardee's bookkeeper
                            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

We still have Hardees down here. Mmmmm....MMMM, that's a TASTY burger.
                              We will go out of our way to get their low carb thickburger. Yum.

I don't eat fries, but battered fries sounds really nauseating. What, they weren't unhealthy enough?

There was a Whataburger two doors down from us at one of the photo labs I worked for. I'm absolutly certain one of the main ingredients of their burgers was cement.

Comment

Working...
                              X