This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not my 800 number!

A guy called Super rates hotel 800 line. They are based in Canada. I LIKE my call center, they're freaking PLEASANT. The guy they had to deal with who then called the NEAREST Super 8.. is anything BUT pleasant. Jerkface...

Me: *Spiel about thanking you for calling and asking how the hell can I help you?*
    Guy: Your 800 number is bullshit.
    Me: *blinks* Okay.. Um sir, this is the actual hotel, I'm not the call center.
    Guy: Well your call center has immigrants working who are taking our jobs..
    Me: *stopping the rant* Sir, the call center is in CANADA. They're not immigrants. They live in Canada and work in Canada.. The call center setup was cheaper and easier to run than here, though there are a few national centers here in the states.
    Guy: They speak funny, the guy hung up on me when I called him a prick for the rate he quoted.. and now you're being a fucking cow and not helping.
    Me: You haven't asked or said anything I can help with.
    Guy: You didn't ask if you could help me! You're just a bitch!
    Me: I did ask, at the beginning of the call.
    Guy: Your boss is a cunt..
    Me: *Before he can say anything else* And with that sir, I bid you goodnight. I'm not listening to you insult my boss or me as I'm sure was about to come, have a NICE night. -click-

He's called back 3 damned times. DUDE, I'm NOT the damned call center and EVERYONE on of us, at the call center or the actual hotel, has the right to hang up. Hell, I should have when you started but I was HOPING you'd get to a damned point!

Very good job, handled it perfectly, and probably a lot better then some would have.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

<3 Thanks. He's just.. ugh! And he's done this 3 TIMES in 2 days.

Comment

what's wrong with Canadian talk, eh?
        I guess it's all aboot the accent, eh?

Gah...

Comment

Sorry you had to deal with that, some people are just sad, small, pathetic losers who have no meaning in their life. That and he most likely just hates himself because he knows the above statement about himself is true.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

I don't blame him for getting upset, the Canadians are slowly taking over the world...
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              I don't blame him for getting upset, the Canadians are slowly taking over the world...
              Yes, the Canadians are invading America . . . They're going to make us more polite!!!!

(I heard a comedian say that one )
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Well, no wonder he was upset! Imagine the nerve of that call center guy, hanging up on a customer who called him a prick!

I'm sure none of the hotel personnel would be too pleased to have this jerk actually staying at one of their hotels.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've had something like that happen to me once, when I was working in tech support.

We had a customer who had an issue with the Homepage of our service not loading correctly. He wanted to inform us of the 'outage'... except there wasn't one. And each time the techs tried to troubleshoot, they got roadblocked. One finally managed to get in and find out his system was spyware'd up the wazoo, but he refused to allow the tech to fix it, growing irate that we weren't fixing a problem 'on our end'. This went on for two days.

Well, after that time, he managed to get to the homepage again. So... happy days, right? Wrong. He spent the next two days calling us, 'Just to let you know that you were wrong and I was right'.

And it wasn't just a gloat and hang up. He'd call up, and tell us this. We'd thank him, ask him if there was anything we could do, and he'd just repeat himself. We'd try and end the call, and he'd freak out that we 'Weren't giving proper weight to his information'. I honestly don't know what he wanted, but I got him three times, and I know other techs got him, and each call was a minimum 40 minutes, just on him lecturing us. The same lecture. Over and over. He never swore, never raised his voice, just repeated the same thing over and over in the same condescending tone, restarting the loop with 'Now, I know you've said 'thank you', but I don't think you understand what I'm saying here...'

... Until two hours later, when it stopped working again. It took three more days of, but he finally relented and let a tech actually troubleshoot.

In fifteen minutes the problem was solved, and he had full access to the site again.
                  Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                    Yes, the Canadians are invading America . . . They're going to make us more polite!!!!
                    Leak has been identified. Attack beavers have been sent.

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                    In fifteen minutes the problem was solved, and he had full access to the site again.
                    Shame that you're too mature to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Comment

Wow, that guy really needs to get a clue and than a life. His phone company should shut off service.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                        Attack me first!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                          Beavers? You're not going to send polar bears? Not surprising...since the average sandwich shop has more subs than the Canadian military

I've always been treated well up in "the great parking lot to the North" I couldn't resist one last Canada joke, folks... Of course, that's because I don't act like the "ignurant Amurkin" when I've been up there. As such, I've always had a good time.

Canada jokes aside, it always amazes the hell out of me when people call for help...and then scream at or insult the person on the other end. Seriously? I don't know about the rest of you, but if I get those calls at work, I don't *want* to help the person. In fact, I'm already adding them to my "shit list," and quietly plotting ways to screw them over.
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

What, the invasion has started already, I was told I was going to be allowed to help
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                              He spent the next two days calling us, 'Just to let you know that you were wrong and I was right'.

And it wasn't just a gloat and hang up. He'd call up, and tell us this. We'd thank him, ask him if there was anything we could do, and he'd just repeat himself. We'd try and end the call, and he'd freak out that we 'Weren't giving proper weight to his information'. I honestly don't know what he wanted, but I got him three times, and I know other techs got him, and each call was a minimum 40 minutes, just on him lecturing us. The same lecture. Over and over. He never swore, never raised his voice, just repeated the same thing over and over in the same condescending tone, restarting the loop with 'Now, I know you've said 'thank you', but I don't think you understand what I'm saying here...'
                              "Oh yes, I understand what you're saying. You're saying that you are so utterly pathetic you feel the need to call us several times for forty minute stretches just to say, 'Neener neener neener, I was right and you were wrong'."

Seriously, that is so far beyond pathetic they'll have to invent a new word to describe him.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X