X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What the hell's the van for!"

Another flashback to my Taco Bell days:

Some guy called and asked me if we deliver. I said no and he gets irritated and asks "Well what the hell's the van for!" I have no clue as to what the hell he's talking about and say, "Uh we dont deliver". And he keeps getting pissy and asking me about some van saying again, "Uh, well what the hell's the van for!" I said we dont have a van parked outside and we dont deliver. He then starts huffing again and I just hung up on him because I really didnt have time to deal with his idiocy. Maybe they restaurant delivery service in Syria but they sure as hell didnt have it at the Taco Bell I used to work at. A few days later I did see a white van with the Taco Bell logo on the side when I stopped by to get my paycheck but I think it was the cola syrup delivery guy or someone like that.
    Last edited by NightAngel; 01-09-2007, 01:08 AM. Reason: Ethnicity Not Necessary

While I can understand why he'd ask in the first place, he was indeed sucky for not taking you at your word.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Yum Foods, Inc. owns Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC and a few others - and Pepsi Cola is their cola syrup distributor and maybe even owns Yum, Inc. or is part of the conglomerate. Therefore, the delivery trucks/vans would probably have variations on which branding they would have on them.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Normally the vans with the fast food joints logo on the side are facility/repair type vehicles. There to repair the fryers, grills, soda fountians, etc.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
        X