This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh*AT Least My Coworkers Got A Laugh

I had two Interesting customers recently. One was the run of the mill SC, who gave me a $20 bill that he took from his underwear, in the vicinity of his crotch.

Needless to say, I picked it up with a plastic bag, like doggy do, and deposited it in the drop box. Guy didn't even bat an eye. Then there's the lil ol lady who made my coworkers' day brighter. (And no, I don't begrudge them it, it's funny in retrospect.)

Me: Cute, but very "top-heavy," and slim, to the point where I'm used to comments from friends, relatives, and strangers.
    L: Little old lady, wonderful person usually

Me: How are you today?
    L: I'm fine. You look tired, how's the new baby?
    Me: Baby?
    L: Never mind, dear.
    I rang her up, and was confused for the next few hours.

She came back later, to explain.

L: You just looked SO tired, and my dear, THOSE are nursing breasts!

A couple of my coworkers have been chortling since.

Quoth Cygnata View Post
    I had two Interesting customers recently. One was the run of the mill SC, who gave me a $20 bill that he took from his underwear, in the vicinity of his crotch.
    Ew ew ew ew

And, nursing breasts? I just love how old women let anything and everything fall out of their mouth. I had just given birth to my daughter- she was about 3 months old- and was doing some grocery shopping (left the baby with grandma though) and some old woman tried to pat my belly and ask how far along I was. I slapped her hand really hard and told her to go get bent.

** This is good advice- never EVER assume a woman is pregnant unless you're (1) there for the conception or (2) actually delivering her baby at that moment. Anything else is just asking for trouble.
    Last edited by Mighty Girl; 01-09-2007, 04:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I think I'm just so used to comments on the size of my chest that I just gave her a look, then shot my snickering coworker a Look. Said coworker just gave me a smile.

I'm bigger than Barbie, as a couple people have put it. Barbie, if she was life-sized, would have a DDD chest, iirc. I'm bigger than that, but again, very skinny. Add in the fact that I'm 5'4"... it's VERY noticeable, even when I wear baggy shirts at work. I think the skinniness was what made her think I'd already given birth.

(Considering my boyfriend's in Florida for another year or two, I don't think my un-pregnant status will change for a LONG time.)

Comment

Quoth Cygnata View Post
        THOSE are nursing breasts!
        Don't let people lie to you! My boobs SHRANK after I had my second child! No getting bigger -- went DOWN a cup size from where they had been since I had my first child!

Is a bit annoying, methinks.
        "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

I'd say she was a bitter, unhappy, unsocialized hag. Think I'm being too hard on her?

Think about this: she said you look tired. How does she know the difference between you feeling well or you feeling poorly? "Looking tired" isn't exactly compimentary.

Second, big hooters automatically mean that a woman has just given birth? Really? So, how many women a day does this old bag say that to?

No. She didn't really think that, and I'll tell you how I know. She came back to clarify it instead of doing what a normal person might do if they made such a faux pas with a stranger, which is slink off embarassed, thankful the person didn't "get it."

She wanted to make sure you knew she thought you looked tired and bloated. Her comments rolled off because you didn't understand her meaning. The insult was wasted. She wasn't going to stop until she was sure you were good and put down.

Bitter old troll.

Comment

I laughed.

Comment

Quoth Cygnata View Post
              I'm bigger than that, but again, very skinny. Add in the fact that I'm 5'4"... it's VERY noticeable, even when I wear baggy shirts at work. I think the skinniness was what made her think I'd already given birth.
              I wonder what this old woman would have said to Chanel St. James?
              Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Most people aren't extremely skinny right after giving birth. Even if they didn't gain that much weight.

I hardly gained any weight, but I was still pretty bloated afterwards, with all the fluid and loose skin and stretched muscle. I'm almost back to what I was, but it's been over a year.

Comment

Some of the rich ladies around here, you can't even tell they've ever given birth, even when they have the babies with them. They're that skinny. But just a couple months ago, the pregnancy was VERY obvious. o_O

I've never had kids, but I do have a bit of a tummy just from general out-of-shapeness. Still, it's hard to tell when my shirts are untucked.

Comment

I wonder what she would have done with my wife, who started off as a 34E before having any of our children?

Comment

Quoth Cygnata View Post

(Considering my boyfriend's in Florida for another year or two, I don't think my un-pregnant status will change for a LONG time.)
                      i can't really imagine Kelp as a dad
                      Rawr

Comment

Very funny, Hems. I'll leave the imagining for when it's a bit more feasible, if things work out between him and I.

Comment

Quoth Cygnata View Post
                          L: You just looked SO tired, and my dear, THOSE are nursing breasts!

A couple of my coworkers have been chortling since.
                          I'm so sorry but I had to laugh at that... thank goodness I've never had that type of comment. Just the usual joke about can I see my feet!

(and thank goodness for breast reduction surgery!)

Comment

Quoth Cygnata View Post
                            I'm bigger than Barbie, as a couple people have put it. Barbie, if she was life-sized, would have a DDD chest, iirc. I'm bigger than that, but again, very skinny. Add in the fact that I'm 5'4"... it's VERY noticeable, even when I wear baggy shirts at work. I think the skinniness was what made her think I'd already given birth.

As the unofficial Dirty Old Man, I must say that this post is useless without pics.
                            "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                            "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                            My MySpace
                            My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                            X