Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stop Laughing At Me!" (long w/ language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stop Laughing At Me!" (long w/ language)

There's an odd woman that I have only ever seen twice and I hope to never see again. She's around 5"2" and I would say around fifty years old, always acts like she's in a huge hurry, and usually has a guy with her named Chris, who is around twenty or so.

The first time I saw her, she pulled into my checkout line in a hurry, poor little Chris tagging behind. She fiddles with different things while I scan her items. She just about scres the living shit out of me when all of a sudden, she screams, "OH GOD, Chris, we forgot CAT FOOD!" And she shoves him out of the way and tears off down aisle eight. A minute later she's back, breathing hard and literally throws six cans of cat food at me.

Just then, a co-worker comes up behind me and reminds me of a joke we'd shared a little earlier, and I chuckled and replied to my co-worker's comment. Well, this does not please Crazy Lady. "STOP LAUGHING AT ME!" she screams. Heads turn. Everyone looks. "I am NOT a circus freak!" I just stared at her, completely dumb-founded.

"Ma'am, I wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing at something my co---"
    "OH GOD, I don't have any change! Oh, here's a penny. Thank you, Jesus!"
    Whoa. Chris, who is standing behind her, just shrugs and smiles, as if to say, "Excuse this woman, she's nucking futs." I smile back.

She leaves. The end, right? I wish.

Few weeks later, I'm back stocking dairy with the same co-worker from before. He and I enjoy the same type of humor. So, as usual, he's making me laugh. I'm cutting boxes and throwing them in a buggy, smiling. I look up and see Chris and Crazy emerge from aisle two. Chris smiles at me; all is forgotten.

About twenty minutes later, I got called up front (for about the tenth time that day) to bag. Just as I'm coming up, the manager on duty says, "Won't leave you alone, will they?" We chuckle (we chuckle a lot at work, hehe.) Well, I chuckled at the wrong time. There, standing in line, is Crazy and Chris. The smile on my face high-tails it.

Bagged her order, stepped away. Co-worker (B) stopped me a few feet away from Crazy and asked me a question while another co-worker (L) is standing there, so we're all in a small circle. Suddenly, Crazy comes barreling through the conversation, pushes B out of the way, and yells in my face.

"I thought I told you last time I was in here to STOP LAUGHING AT ME!"

What the fuck?

"Ma'am, I believe I told you last time you were in here that I wasn't laughing at you."

Chris is standing behind her, glaring at me.

Again...what the fuck? He now reminds me of the villain's sidekick, like the eels in the Little Mermaid or something. Crazy speaks up again, "Well, laughing on the job is not allowed. I will be notificationing (I swear that's what she said) your manager of this."

My boss loves me. Screw being on his good side. I AM his good side. So that little threat....wasn't. "Go ahead."

"It is just so rude. Come on, Chris."

ARGH Why are these people allowed to roam the streets?

Apologies for the length of this one, just needed to rant a bit.
    "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
    -FSTDT

holy buffalo wings! paranoia is bad, mkay?
    Altho, sometimes at work, when my co-workers are laughing, I pipe up with "laughter and happiness are forbidden at work!"
    Cors, everyone knows I'm just kidding - except this "lady" obviously...
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! They're all gonna laugh at you!!!!!!!!!!"
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You're wonderfully composed, Miss Mayberry. By 'notificationing' I would have been rolling on the floor with violent giggling.

Every now and then I get incredibly bitchy customers that are none too pleased by the absence of depression and existential suffering on my face.

SC: What are YOU laughing/grinning at?

Me: I'm just a very cheerful person, sir/ma'am.
        Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

I wonder if the source of notificationing is similar to "explicify". I once had a lady tell me that she was going to explicify something to me. 4 years later, I still have no clue what she meant by it. I did have "Explicify" on my wall as the Word of the Day for a while after that.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Miss Mayberry View Post
            I will be notificationing (I swear that's what she said) your manager of this."
            http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilber...-20070107.html
            "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
            -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

She's on something, literally. My ex's mom was crazy like that, partly because she was an alcoholic and heavy duty pill popper. Even if he didn't turn out to be a major turd, I would never have married him because of her.

You're not allowed to laugh on the job? According to her? What will she forbid next? Sneezing, coughing, nose blowing and burping, I suspect.

The minute she said to stop laughing at her, judging by the visual you've created, I'd probably be laughing even harder..... Just to be on the safe side though- you do realize she's totally nuts and possibly dangerous right? Park near lights.

Comment

Working...
              X