This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popcorn Idiot.

I work in a movie theater and everyday I get asked at least one ludicrously stupid question (Surprisingly today was the only exception.) Yesterday, someone asked me "You do have popcorn here right?" while she was literally stading right in front of the popcorn display. MY GOD is it that hard to think before you ask a question?

However the dumbest question I've been asked since I started working here was, "What time does the 9:30 show start?"
    You all belong to Miyazaki, you just don't know it yet.

That's almost as bad as the cracked-out woman I had who stood directly in front of a 5-foot-tall freestanding bright red Coca Cola cooler, and, looking directly at the cooler, told me she couldn't see it.

*brainspasm*
    *~Seeress~*
    My MySpace
    Ours is not a lost generation...we know exactly where we are. We just have no idea how fast we're going!

Comment

Yeah... must be the same people who breeze past the admissons desk, 2 large clear signs, and the giant cherry picker and reef on the gallery door (thats in complete blackness by the way) and then look all suprised....

oh is the gallery closed?

no were just teasing you....
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I've got one too. Lady walks up to a register with at least 10 signs on and around it that say Safeway, checker has a nametag AND apron with Safeway on it, the sign above her head says Safeway, several things directly in her line of sight and about 3 feet in front of her say Safeway, and yet, she still comes up to the register and asks...

"Is this Safeway?"

Never mind there's a 20-foot freaking giant glowing red sign and logo right above the main entrance where she came in.
        Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Lets see...

"When will it stop snowing?"
          "What time is the storm supposed to get here?"
          "What time do the whales swim by" (hotel on the ocean)
          "What's it like outside?" (when asked if they wanted to sit inside or out and they had just come in from outside)

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
          ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth seeress_83 View Post
            That's almost as bad as the cracked-out woman I had who stood directly in front of a 5-foot-tall freestanding bright red Coca Cola cooler, and, looking directly at the cooler, told me she couldn't see it.

*brainspasm*
            And you know that she drives through several school zones on her way back home, too.

Lessee....they drive past the huge W- 24 hours sign, listen to the phone greeting that says "Thank you for calling your 24 hour W!", walk past the hours sign that proclaim the 24 hour open nature of the entire store, sit outside the drive through window that proclaims "24 hours!" on the hours sign, come to the pick up window, that also proclaims us to be 24 hours, come from neighboring stores who list us as the closest 24 hour store, and STILL ask me when we close.

Comment

My top one, currently printed and on my cage wall, was when I sent a server through to Canada. The email from the SC reads, "do you have an ETA of when it will arrive? With customs and everything?"

Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk View Post
                I've got one too. Lady walks up to a register with at least 10 signs on and around it that say Safeway, checker has a nametag AND apron with Safeway on it, the sign above her head says Safeway, several things directly in her line of sight and about 3 feet in front of her say Safeway, and yet, she still comes up to the register and asks...

"Is this Safeway?
                When I worked at the video/music/bookstore whose name would fill in the blank "The Battle of ___________, which took place in 1066," I actually had a customer get angry at me because she asked where she was, and although she had already made out her check to Blue & Yellow Video Rental Chain, I told her I couldn't take the check. Now, did my dark green polo with the store name over the heart not tell you where you were? Or the bags? Or the big neon sign over the row of registers? Then why wait until you'd already made out the check to ask where you were?
                He loves the world...except for all the people.
                --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth seeress_83 View Post

Even I'm not quite THAT bad.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The worse of these moments pretty much killed my brain when this happened. I was working boxing and had just finished up for the night, as I was walking up to the parking building; these two incredibly dumb people stop me. They ask if they are at the CS arena. They were inside the lot, a good 50 feet away from the arena itself, and there are signs all over the drive saying "Welcome to the CS arena." They then asked me if boxing was going on that night even though there was a loudspeaker answering their own question. GAH!!!
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
                      When I worked at the video/music/bookstore whose name would fill in the blank "The Battle of ___________, which took place in 1066,"
                      HA! That's where I work and 1066 is my password right now. Nobody, and I mean nobody was able to figure out why I was using it! They also found it hysterical that I was going to Hastings when we went to England last year. Apparently, they've never heard of William the Conquerer.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

As far as dumb questions go, this didn't happen to me but my good friend. Woman calls on the phone, asks if we have ethernet cables. We do and all is right in the world, right? So she asks what lengths we have, M says 3", 7", 14", 25" and 50". To which she replies, "How long is the 25"?"

Comment

The best, and I do mean, the BEST dumb question I ever got came one not so special day while working at Chesterfield.
                          I was in the back of the store, talking to the store manager about some random thing or other, and notice, out of the corner of my eye, some customer walk into the store, right past Third Key, who was standing up at the register, just finished helping a customer, walks through the entire store, right to me, and asks, with an exemplary perfect poker face, "Do you guys sell furniture here?"

No, we sell movies, you moron. Did you see a sofa hanging out in the tiny little alcove behind the comedy section? Cause I sure didn't.

He tried to clarify a bit, by asking if we sold things like director's chairs. Now, the only director's chair I ever saw in the store in the five plus years I worked there was used solely for display purposes. We never had any in stock, never put a price tag on it, and I destroyed it by sitting on it a bit too hard one day.

... and so, one day, I sat down to my typewriter, and told our story.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth The Laughing Man View Post
                            However the dumbest question I've been asked since I started working here was, "What time does the 9:30 show start?"

It starts at 2245

Comment

Working...
                            X