X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ink and Toner

Toner:
    This is from a few years ago but is still funny when i think about it.

So there i was working in electronics when i see a guy poking around the toner, obviously needing help. After approaching he angrily names a canon part number (gee sorry for trying to help). now consumer level canon copiers usually have nice friendly part numbers like A30 of E40. Not this guys. I know we don't have it in the store so i walk over to our book to look it up. The part,thank god, is listed but it is obviously an older toner and meant for a larger unit (think copy center unit, not tabletop).

conversation that follows.

D: Me
    SC: ya know

D:I'm sorry sir that is an order only toner. We can have it delivered to you.

SC: Isn't that just like YOU people. Every time i come in here you don't have what i need. YOU sold this to me so why don't YOU carry the needed supplies for it.

D: (slightly confused by the sudden rant) I'm sorry sir. Umm when did you buy this copier?

SC: I bought it from HERE about 10 years ago.

D: (Bingo) Well Sir. A) WE have never sold a large scale unit like the one you have. And B) This store, not to mention this mall have only BEEN HERE for 6 years. So no you didn't buy this from us.

SC: (Storming away) I'll go get it from somewhere else!

Go ahead and lie but when you do it that blatantly your going to get called on it.
    I even told my store manager about it. He cut me off halfway through the story "What, we weren't even here back then."

Ink:
    This happens at least once a week if not more.

Customers come in looking for Dell ink cartridges. The only way to get Dell stuff is through Dell. So when the customer who just bought a dell computer and got a free printer comes in looking for ink we have to tell them "sorry go call Dell."

1) Now a third of the time people accept this and continue shopping or leave peacefully.

2) Another third will realize that this sucks. they know they are not going to plan ahead and order ink in time. they know that they are eventually going to have to run to a store to get ink because little Timmy's report is due tomorrow and their ink just ran out. To these people i usually sell a new printer.

3) Then you get the people that are already in crisis mode and scream bloody murder because it is now my fault that little Timmy is going to fail out of school. "Why don't you carry this?!?" "Your company is terrible!!" and my favorite "I'll go to your competition to get it!" good luck, let me know how that turns out for you. Bye.

I kinda wonder what happens when they get to staples and realize that oh shit maybe i am screwed. Then again maybe 1, 2 and 3 depends on if your the first or third store the customer tries.

Durandal

The funniest thing about the copier toner is that most cities have tons of places to get toner from. Any copy repair company usually carries a lot of them, their are also the vendors who sale inkjet and toners (you run a 50/50 chance of finding it there), all they have to do is look in the phone book.

Dell printers are normally just rebranded namebrand printers (HP or Lexmark if I remember right), but they do take a slightly different cartridge. Some times they can be found online at a discount, but not as well as canon or epson.

I only buy my ink online (But I order about 100 cartridges at a time for one of my printers) i found it for a buck a cartridge thru a online site which is a hell of a lot betterr then 12 bucks at retail. The quality isn't quite as good as genuine canon, but when you have some runs that will use up 50 cartridges at a time its worth it (its not that bad of a difference). And from the 2 places I have bought generic inks, I havent had a problem yet, figure about 400 cartridges since I have started using generics in the last 2-4 years.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Staples does indeed carry a a few different kinds of dell in. Staples brand of course. Not all of them though. Either most people know what we have already, or the models we do have happen to be very popular because whenever someone comes in for dell we always seems to have it.

Comment

Or just stop by your friendly neighborhood ***** and get your inkjet cartridges refilled
        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
        X