X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't say hello then

This isn't so much sucky as "WTF?"

Had a customer call in. I do my greeting spiel, and all I got from the customer was "Internet"

I was a little taken aback, but nevertheless, I politely enquired "Are you looking for internet settings for your phone, sir?"

Guess what my response was?

"Internet"

Well, he got his internet settings, and I got a laugh, because he obviously needs a personality and etiquette course far more than "internet"!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Nonono! The response to that should have been: "Fishsticks!"

Why yes, I do lurk at the C_S Live Journal Community, why do you ask?

Comment

i'm telling you, IDR, one day will be the day that'll I'll actually say that! And then I'll get fired

Comment

If someone did that to me.....just kept saying internet, I would play dumb until he learned to speak coherently. When you feel like acting like a normal human being and telling me what the problem is, then I will help you.

Another thing that drives me crazy is when I say hello to someone and they don't even acknowledge it.

Guess what, fucknut? I can be an asshole too. Late checkout? Sorry, can't help you. Upgraded room? Sorry, none available. You get my drift...

Comment

I remember, back in my retail days, saying "Hi" to a customer and they would bark "JUST LOOKING!". Apparently that's slang for "hi".

I remember one customer in particular who walked in the store and, before I even had a chance to say anything, started saying, "I'm just looking! Just browsing!", so I went back to pre-counting my cash, as it was almost closing time. Three seconds later, she's at my counter, asking me questions about some product. It took all that I could to keep from saying, "I thought you were just browsing."
          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
            I remember, back in my retail days, saying "Hi" to a customer and they would bark "JUST LOOKING!". Apparently that's slang for "hi".
            I recall that from my retail days as well. After getting my millionth-plus "just looking!" after smiling and saying hi, I finally just snapped back "JUST SAYING HI!". The looks that I got back were incredible.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              i'm telling you, IDR, one day will be the day that'll I'll actually say that! And then I'll get fired

They couldn't fire you for that! Just explain to your boss that you thought the caller was doing the word association thing. Don't forget to give your boss the wide-eyed-look while you're at it, okies?

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                That happens to me, too. I'l say "hi" to a mechanic or a customer (Customers tend to do this more often) and they will reply with "I'm fine, thanks." or "I've been helped, thanks." I can't help but feel a little annoyed knowing that we missed a step or two in the conversation.
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I hate when you say hi to a customer and they ignore it...and then have the nerve to complain to management about how they weren't greeted, and their shopping experience was RUINED.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth npro_god View Post
                    I recall that from my retail days as well. After getting my millionth-plus "just looking!" after smiling and saying hi, I finally just snapped back "JUST SAYING HI!". The looks that I got back were incredible.
                    OMG....twizzler up nose.....ow....

that's the best thing I've heard all day!!!!
                    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                      They couldn't fire you for that! Just explain to your boss that you thought the caller was doing the word association thing. Don't forget to give your boss the wide-eyed-look while you're at it, okies?

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
                      thing is, that might actually work - my boss thinks I'm a little insane anyways. Plus I've been a little sleepdeprived lately, so that could be factored in somehow....*efg*

Comment

Hi, how are you?
                        Just looking!
                        Thats cool, nice to see your eyes work, now lets work on your ears!
                        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

The best reply I've got for innocent, sincere "Hi!" was very confused "Whaa-aat???!!" with what-did-I-do? -look on this person's face. It's nice to know that I still can scare people by just...being me.

Comment

Working...
                          X