This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stupid"

Yesterday, the Electronics associate was helping a customer find something in another department. (A manager had asked him to). A woman came up to the counter while he was gone.

SC: What's your best deal on a 42 inch TV?
    Me: best deal? (I had no idea what she was asking? If she meant which one was the cheapest, etc..)
    SC: Yea, there's one there with a tag that says $548 but...I didn't know...
    Me: (She said nothing else after that) are you asking if there's a cheaper price?
    SC: yea...
    Me: If it was on sale there'd be a tag with the sale price, so the price on the tag is what it is.
    SC: (loudly and angrily) Yeah, Whatever, Thanks. (she stomps off and as she's walking away I hear her say, still loudly, just not to anyone in particular) That's not even what I was asking, stupid.

It took me awhile to figure out what she was asking, but I eventually found out there was a tv with the normal price tag underneath it, but also had a sticker stuck to it with a more expensive price. She wanted to know if the cheaper price was correct. It's a legitimate question, and I do feel a little foolish for not realizing it, but am I wrong in thinking there was suck on her part for the attitude?
    I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

"Stupid" is the SC for not being more clear in her question.

"Excuse me, this TV has two tags, which one is the correct price?"

A question beyond the thought processes of SCs.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Don't feel bad, I would have thought the same thing.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

No, you're not stupid if you can't read her mind. Your job is to answer questions, not to anticipate them.

Comment

exactly; if she has a specific question, she needs to ask it in that manner, otherwise, your answer was appropriate, given the information she provided.

she's the stupid one.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Shame on you for not having the tens of thousands of prices in your store memorized. Or for not reading minds! Didn't you know that skill was required?
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

How can you be stupid for not being telepathic?

Comment

No, the customer was stupid. How hard is it to ask "there's a tv with two different prices on it, which one is the correct price?"

Seriously, "what's your best deal?" Dumb question. Don't the prices differ according to brand, weekly sales, etc?
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

A quick update. I actually went back and took a look at the tv last night. The sticker was one of those "Was:" stickers used to advertise a rollback.
                  I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Comment

i stand by my op; she's the idiot for not clarifying. btw, is that nall (silver star story) in your pic?
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

nope, kirara from inu-yasha.

Comment

You didn't do anything wrong except not think quick enough for her liking, and that's no crime.

She, however, appears to be about as bright as a burned out light bulb.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Not having ESP =/= stupid.

Not having memorized all the prices on everything in the store, including sales that change from week to week =/= stupid.

Not asking a question coherently and then blaming the employee = stupid.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                            btw, is that nall (silver star story) in your pic?
                            Not sure if the remake had critical info left out, but the original version of Lunar made it clear...Nall wasn't a flying cat, he was a young dragon.
                            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

i know, i own both of them (silver star and the sequel); so's ruby.
                              look! it's ghengis khan!

Comment

Working...
                              X