This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chained To The Desk Since Birth

What is it with customers who insist that as you are in an office or store working there you can't have had any life experiences?

Things I have been told by customers about my own life -

I have not had an education
    I have obviously never had children
    I have never had any kind of relationship
    I should get out more
    I'm lucky I have never been ill
    I can't get a better job
    I don't know what it's like to have to pay bills

Yeah coz they never let me out of the office so I don't do anything except work.

Last edited by TelephoneAngel; 08-27-2010, 06:25 AM.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
    What is it with customers who insist that as you are in an office or store working there you can't have had any life experiences?

Things I have been told by customers about my own life -

I have not had an education
    I have obviously never had children
    I have never had any kind of relationship
    I should get out more
    I'm lucky I have never been ill
    I can't get a better job
    I don't know what it's like to have to pay bills

Yeah coz they never let me put of the office so I don't do anything except work.

They must have you confused with Joan, who is two desks down. She has never had that issue/problem/responsibility.
    I wish I had a job where I could tell someone that if they said any of those things to me.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

This needs to be a scientific study. The fact that people cease to be people at work.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
        They must have you confused with Joan, who is two desks down. She has never had that issue/problem/responsibility.
        I wish I had a job where I could tell someone that if they said any of those things to me.
        That is a wonderful reply! I wish I could use it but I am sure I would be carded!

Comment

Oh right, or if there was a Joan where you worked, it would be...awkward.
          Or you could agree with them on the fact that you are a talking earthworm, but I bet you would be carded for that too.

one of those responsibility things, right?
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            This needs to be a scientific study. The fact that people cease to be people at work.
            Hello Whiskey how are you today?

Once I was shopping in the supermarket and a guy came up to me all amazed and said "Hey don't you work at x Company?"

It was like he was really surprised that I do normal things like grocery shopping.

Comment

Hello Whiskey how are you today?
              I'm good, wheres your food log :P

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                I'm good, wheres your food log :P
                erm I've been a bit busy.................
                but I have made a very nice fish pie for dinner with carrots zuchini onions mushrooms and plain and smoked fish in a cheese and dill sauce topped with mashedpotato.

Comment

erm I've been a bit busy.................
                  but I have made a very nice fish pie for dinner with carrots zuchini onions mushrooms and plain and smoked fish in a cheese and dill sauce topped with mashedpotato.
                  i dont know how much accountability you actually want so i will let it go with an "ok, post whenever you're not 'busy..............'"

Comment

Now my mouth is watering.. I want that for breakfast now instead of the toast I'm making!
                    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Once I was shopping in the supermarket and a guy came up to me all amazed and said "Hey don't you work at x Company?"
                      It was like he was really surprised that I do normal things like grocery shopping.
                      Somebody WORKING who do SHOPPING?
                      WHERE?
                      Here there is a guy who wheels us all in the storage room at the end of our shift, we remain there until the start of the shift the next morning.
                      Really, people who want to have a job AND a life! Unbelievable.
                      FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Once read an anecdote about a teacher who saw one of her very young students in the supermarket. He was astonished. "Why Mrs. Cavendish, I didn't know you ate groceries!"

Even better, a nun once told me, and this was back in the days when they all wore the long habits, that a little boy came up to her on the playground and shyly asked her, "Sister, do you have legs?"

Yeah, children can be forgiven for stuff like this. Adults, not so much.
                        Women can do anything men can.
                        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                        Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                          Once read an anecdote about a teacher who saw one of her very young students in the supermarket. He was astonished. "Why Mrs. Cavendish, I didn't know you ate groceries!"
                          Oh, I have a friend who is a Primary School teacher.
                          Once I met him at [supermarket] while he was nicely talking to a gentleman holding by hand a child; he waves at me, I walk by, "Hi [Name]!".
                          I hear the child going "Why, Mr. [Surname], you have a first name too?"
                          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

This kind of remark is in line with the disbelief that we are not here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We also had a customer once placing an ad for some expensive car (can't recall what make it was) who told the woman taking her ad, "this car is outside your price range," or something to that effect. Very snotty and stuckup.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
                              Oh, I have a friend who is a Primary School teacher.
                              Once I met him at [supermarket] while he was nicely talking to a gentleman holding by hand a child; he waves at me, I walk by, "Hi [Name]!".
                              I hear the child going "Why, Mr. [Surname], you have a first name too?"
                              This makes me sad.

There was an awesome teacher I had in elementary school. His name was Mr Kogel.

I do not know his first name even to this day. I'm not even sure if he's still alive...but I can't find out because I don' t know his first name.

Comment

Working...
                              X