This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few from today

Since the end of the Christmas season, I haven't been seeing much in the way of SCs *knock on wood* though I had a couple minor incidents today.

1) Had a guy come up to the service desk just as I'm heading off on my lunch break and ask if the tax software he'd selected included state taxes.

Me: Most of them do.....hmmm....this one doesn't say.....lemme go check the display

Him: NONE OF THEM DO!!!! NONE! I checked!!!!!

Low and behold, I find the exact same version he'd picked, except it was "Federal & State" not just Federal. Same price even. Only one item up from what he'd picked. Nice big letters, too. If this was too hard for him, then I see an IRS Audit in his future.

2) Haven't had anyone ask me this before.

Woman had several expired $3 Ink Recycling Coupons. The old green ones, from before the Ink policy change (the new ones are purple). We no longer accept green ones. Hers were dated Aug 2006, which means they expired in November 2006.

Me: These are all expired, ma'am.

Her: AAH! I didn't see that........

*I finish her transaction*

Her: I have a question.....

Me: Yes?

Her: Can I bring in old receipts, dated during the three months that these were valid, and have the coupons applied to those receipts?

Me: No, sorry.

Her: *lipsmack, sigh* Jeeze..... *leaves*

THAT was definintely new to me. Gotta love these creative attempts at coupon fraud. Like the fine print says "No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases."
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X