This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I Look Like a Delivery Service?

We run an online store. The customer pick whatever shipping method they want their items shipped. So this woman picks the postal service.

She emails me saying she never got her item. I tracked her package to the post office where they said they tried to deliver the item and left a notice on her door to pick it up at the post office. She said she didn't get a notice. I said, it's waiting at the post office for her to pick it up.

Emails me again today saying how she didn't get her package, the post office didn't have it and that she always gets her package through UPS. Honey, I did not pick the shipping method you did so I can't be responsible for that mistake. Secondly, I called the post office and they said the package was sitting there waiting to be claimed.

She's getting angry wanting this resolved. The answer is so simple...get off your lazy butt and pick up your package! I cannot fly over there and hand deliver your package to you!
    "You can try to control everything in your life or you can just let it go..."- Viggo Mortensen

My bet is that she's going to the wrong Post Office branch.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Probably but I did give her the address of the post office and she still insisting that they don't have it. Meanwhile, the post office is saying that she never came in.
      "You can try to control everything in your life or you can just let it go..."- Viggo Mortensen

Comment

Maybe by "post office", she thinks you mean the UPS depot (if that's how she says she gets all her packages)?

I'm waiting for one that was allegedly delivered to my house on Dec. 29th. I was home all day that day and never got it. No slip either. It's not at the post office...I have a suspicion it was scanned but never actually removed from the truck. The contents are absolutely worthless to a thief (fairly specialized prop-building parts and it's not obvious by looking at them what they are or how they go together).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I thought that too. I explained there is a difference between United States Postal Service and UPS. After two emails of explaining the difference, she finally got it and said she did go to the post office. I gave her the address again for the post office. She can't miss it.

Comment

If there is any more confusion, send her a mapquest
            If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
            www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Ha ha! I will have to remember that one for tomorrow!!!!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                I'm waiting for one that was allegedly delivered to my house on Dec. 29th. I was home all day that day and never got it. No slip either. It's not at the post office...I have a suspicion it was scanned but never actually removed from the truck. The contents are absolutely worthless to a thief (fairly specialized prop-building parts and it's not obvious by looking at them what they are or how they go together).
                That sounds familiar... I ordered a pair of boots online, and had them sent through UPS... I watched the UPS tracking page all day the day they were to be delivered, watched the delivery window come and go, no update on the page...
                Bizarre...
                Later in the day, I check the page again, it has been updated to 'delivered'...

Uh, no it hadn't... I'd been home all day, no one had even come by the house. Asked my brother just to be sure. Nothing. Poked my head outside to check the usual drop off right next to the door, no package...

Next day, I went out somewhere (forget where). Came back home, parked in the street like I always do, and walking up to the front door, I notice a box, sitting next to one of the porch poles. I grab it and take it inside. It's my boots (surprise).

That just confused the hell out of me, though... why hadn't they bothered to knock, or ring the doorbell, much less, how do they know it wasn't something priceless? UPS could've been in deep sh*t if I hadn't found the package, and someone had taken it...
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  That sounds familiar... I ordered a pair of boots online, and had them sent through UPS...

Samething happened to my dad and I recently. We got DirectV. We had to send an box, that was messed up back to them. So we had to ship it Fed Ex. The new box took about 2 weeks to get to us. When they finally delivered it, they didn't bother to knock or ring the door bell or anything. But no they didn't. My dogs were inside and they would have clearly knew if the guy was there. The guy left it at the end of the drive-way. Saw it when I left for work. Damn idiots, cost me about 5 minutes of work cause of it.
                  Last edited by MadMike; 01-11-2007, 02:05 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Wow, I never had that delivery problem before.

However, this place didn't say they delivered it, it says they attempted to and didn't (the woman was at work to be fair) and it's at the post office. Thankfully, not at some pole outside the house! Yikes!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      why hadn't they bothered to knock, or ring the doorbell, much less, how do they know it wasn't something priceless? UPS could've been in deep sh*t if I hadn't found the package, and someone had taken it...
                      Around here, all they do is leave the package on the porch, and then ring the doorbell once and leave. If they ring the doorbell at all.

Fedex, on the other hand, will require a signature, and if no one answers the door, will take the delivery back to their building, and leave a tag on your door, giving you the option of letting them re-attempt delivery the next day, where you can authorize them to leave it on the porch; or you can go to their building to pick it up yourself. I had to do the latter when I ordered parts to build my computer, which was an annoyance since the center is about 20 miles away, but I certainly didn't want them leaving roughly $1500 in computer parts out in the open like that, even if I do live in a good neighborhood. I had a case of beer stolen once, and I went ballistic over that!
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Mike, the post office actually DOES ring the doorbell and/or knock on the door. At least when they deliver to my house.

FedEx and UPS just drop the package off wherever (like on the side of the house, where I don't check for packages) without letting me know they were there.

Odd how things are, huh?
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The only person to actually knock on the door and wait for me is the one FedEx gal, the guy's a lazy ass that will literally just leave packages willy-nilly around the property, I've found packages in front of the shop door (part of the property used to be an old service station), at the side door, even at the BACK door in the rear of the house. Now why would he go to all that trouble instead of just tapping the front door and leaving the box on my (covered) porch?

The gal told me how to make sure she's the one delivering it though, I forget the specifics cause I have the notes in one of my supply catalogues, but its pretty much she drives the truck that does special deliveries, and the guy drives the everyday truck.

I am perfectly willing to pay a dollar or two extra to make sure that I get my package safe and sound, instead of having some dumbbunny leave over $1k in computer parts/equipment outside in the driveway, in the rain, with a well known and ballsy theif living right down the road.
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            That just confused the hell out of me, though... why hadn't they bothered to knock, or ring the doorbell, much less, how do they know it wasn't something priceless? UPS could've been in deep sh*t if I hadn't found the package, and someone had taken it...
                            Apparently that is a pattern with UPS, because that is how they managed to lose a birthday present I once sent. Once it became clear that the recipient had never gotten the package I had sent UPS, I contacted UPS, and after some research, they said the driver had left the package on the side porch next to the door. The driver did NOT knock or ring the bell or anything, just left the package. Next to the house. In northern New Jersey. And the folks in their Atlanta corporate office seemed wondrous that the package was never received. Well, DUH! I went ballistic, and to be honest, it was a long, long time after that before I ever used UPS again. NOT the easiest business in the world to boycott, I might add.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Deliveries:

Regular postal worker never even bothers to go to my door (up one flight of stairs), she automatically fills out one of the forms telling me to pick it up at the post office.

UPS usually won't knock unless they want a signature, although that's almost every time they deliver, because when I order online the seller wants a signature to verify delivery for the credit card charge.

FedEx will get a signature if they have to, and they usually knock even if they don't need one.

Whenever I ship something, I always request a signature.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X