This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't take your stuff in the restroom for a GOOD reason

So I walk into the ladies room to clean it when I notice a woman start trying on clothes that she hasn't bought yet. I tell her she can't bring merchandise into the restrooms. She then said.."then how am i supposed to know if these clothes will fit me or not?" So I tell her that's why we have a return policy-IF it doesn't fit then return it & exchange it for something that does fit. Then she glared at me & said..."I'm not stealing this stuff". I said..'I didn't say you were". The she grabbed the clothes & demanded to know where my boss was. I directed her to the membership desk where somebody later told me that she threw down the clothes & walked out after being told of the return policy that I had told her.

There's a reason why there's a sign clearly visible right next to each restroom door that says.."No Merchandise Permitted in Restrooms"

We get bitched at because there are no fitting rooms in Sam's Club. Sam's Club is basically a Warehouse...hello!!!!

Go to Wally World if you want a fitting room. & yes, the clothes we sell, they sell!

Not to mention the fact that the restroom floor is probably where the "customer" is going to put some of the clothes while trying them on. BLECH!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      There's a reason why there's a sign clearly visible right next to each restroom door that says.."No Merchandise Permitted in Restrooms"
      I remember one time I saw a lady customer bring an ENTIRE cart into the family restroom. I went in the back and told a higher up member of management (our less than useless loss prevention guru was not around) and I was told "well, it just happens, and there is nothing we can do about it". Could we make it any easier to shoplift? Is it possible? How will it be ten years from now? Soon stores will be giving away extra bulky bags with hidden compartments "For your shoplifting convenience".

But a customer acting insulted because she was caught "shopping" in the restroom...

Sigh. The good ele days when stuff like that would surpise me.
      "Sorry, the restaurant is closed in honor of customer appreciation day."

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Not to mention the fact that the restroom floor is probably where the "customer" is going to put some of the clothes while trying them on. BLECH!

That's why I ALWAYS clean new clothes that I buy. You just don't know what they've been through by the time you get to them.

Comment

Meh -

People steal stuff in our restrooms all the time. We constantly find wrappers and other casing for product in the trash or baby changing station. It's tough to feel sorry when your place of employment fosters this kind of behavior by having the "We can't do much about it" attitude. Yes, they can do plenty about it. If they weren't so afraid of being sued or offending anyone maybe the shit would stop.
          Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Sadly, it's a common occurrence at Hellmart to see people with full shopping carts in the restroom. The restroom doesn't have much space, so this takes up most of the standing/walking area when other folks need to get in and out. Worst offender was the scooter cart for the disabled. Bad enough she brought it into the bathroom, but she somehow managed to get it through the door in the handicapped stall. Ever see the scene in Austin Powers where he's on a golf cart in a hallway and can only move forward/back about two inches? Yeah. Like that. A couple associates had to carry the damn thing out.

And who the hell takes their groceries into a public bathroom anyway?
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I can't convince my managers to do anything to improve bathroom security . . . ie . . . we haven't got any. It would definately stop if they grew some nerve against thieves and criminals. Then again, they'd have to start refusing returns with frequency, too. "No receipt, no return. Looks used more than once, no return . . ." I'd Love to hear the girls at the accomplicing desk say that for a change.

People with full trolleys go into the bathrooms infrequently, but dumbbunnies with electric trolleys go in there far more often. And then get stuck. And then get mad.

Pregnancy tests seem to be the most commonly stolen item for the girls. For men, dvd's.
              Last edited by Kristev; 09-02-2010, 02:48 AM.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Sometimes I don't like that you can't take your stuff in there, but...yeah, then it's gross and I think it's rather good in the end, anyway.

I can't imagine trying on clothes in the restroom, it sounds disgusting.

And Kristev, somehow I'm not surprised that pregnancy tests are the most commonly stolen item for girls. [For one thing, that's awkward as hell to buy...]
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post

And Kristev, somehow I'm not surprised that pregnancy tests are the most commonly stolen item for girls. [For one thing, that's awkward as hell to buy...]
                  Meh, buy enough of them and you really stop caring. I kinda figure they're like condoms. Own that you need it and get on with your life. Nobody freaking cares.

But yeah, I try not to even use the public restrooms, much less try on clothes there. That's just beyond ick.
                  "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Actually, I've got a solution for that: Buy Wet Ones, and keep the reciet, and bring them with you when you go to a public restroom. That's what I do.

Then you just use the Wet Ones to wipe off your toilet seat and door handle. Instantly safer and cleaner.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

That's why I ALWAYS clean new clothes that I buy. You just don't know what they've been through by the time you get to them.
                      By the time I've brought new clothing home, I've already handled it when taking it off the rack, worn it in the fitting room and carried it to the cashier. If I don't catch the creeping crud from all that, then I must be immune.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I used to work in a clothing store. I always try to look for clothes that don't look manhandled or tried on.

Because so many clothes are so looser fitting these days, you can tell when jeans have been worn and shirts have been tried on. I'm almost always dead-on with not needing a fitting room, it's a very rare occasion I'm wrong and I need to return/exchange something. But still, I wash all my new clothes before I wear them. Always.

And I would never, ever try anything on in a restroom. Ish.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

There are people where I work who don't want their clothes on the conveyor belt at the checkout. They will take these clothes from the rack (where they have potentially been tried on by other folks, handled by employees, etc), place them in their cart (which I know as a cart guy are NEVER washed....years of rain water, melted snow, kid slobber, spilled pop, spilled sauce, popcorn, and god know what else including dirty diapers have been in that thing) , and then refuse to let them touch the conveyor belt (which is routinely wiped down with cleaning solution). And this of course becomes a huge pain in the ass because you now have to scan, de-hanger, and bag their clothes without them touching any part of your lane. It is idiotic.

Once, one of our cashiers (an older broad with a very no bullshit attitude to whom I am assigning the alias Erica) completely ignored the customer's request and dumped the clothes on the belt. There were apparently a lot of clothes and other items, so Erica just did what would allow her to wrap up the customer's order ASAP (there was a line). Of course, the customer went and bitched to Guest Services about it.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                            Pregnancy tests seem to be the most commonly stolen item for the girls.
                            The question is, do the pregnancy tests ever end up out of the washroom...

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                              The question is, do the pregnancy tests ever end up out of the washroom...
                              Wouldn't it be fun to sell pregnancy tests which would always show positive unless they had been through the checkout?

Comment

Working...
                              X