This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are retail. Not God

short one today. I live in edmonton and we got slammed with some snow today. Was pretty bad how much snow fell between 8-11 am. This caused a lot of problems on the roads.

2 of our delivery trucks got stuck in snow and could not make their deliveries. One was a family who urchased a bed and now dont have a bed for the night. I worked my ass off to get them a delivery via a courier service tomorrow. It should work out and they are being relitively patient with it.

The other is a family waiting for a washer and a dryer that they price matched lower at another store. They call in almost screaming at a co-worker about how their delivery is not being delivered the day promised and they want more discounts. It took all my power to yank the phone away and yell at them 'WE ARE A DEPARTMENT STORE! NOT GOD!' Dont like the weather complain at your local church but we cant do anything about it im sorry! We did our best to have it all ready on the day that was agreed upon but if it cant im sorry it just cant. Its not lke you dont have a bed to sleep in your clothes may be stinky for one day

sigh

/endrant
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

WTF?
    Can these people not see that the weather is bad?
    It's hardly gonna kill them, as you say, to not be able to wash their clothes for one extra day. Or do they only have one set of clothes? *gags at the thought*

Comment

Knowing them, they probably have 2 sets of clothes, and are on the second set right now.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Ick.
        I would hope that didn't include underwear...*gags even harder*

Comment

Quoth crazydaisy View Post
          Ick.
          I would hope that didn't include underwear...*gags even harder*
          Well, as my Grandfather used to say: "Always turn your underwear inside out and then you can get twice as much use out of them!" Then he'd start laughing until he cried because of the looks my sister & I would give him.

I *heart* my Grandfather. He died back in the late 1990's. *le sigh* He always had such words of "wisdom." But he was a good man.

Comment

OT - I saw the title of this thread and for some reason, the first thing that came to mind was Devo.

We are Devo.

I don't know why, maybe I need more coffee!
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

friendofjimmyk, you're just channeling De-Evolution.
              It's okay.
              It's GOOD.

One chromosome too many!
              ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Reminds me of an exchange I hate with a customer recently:

It was about 12:30 pm, we usually get our deliveries around 11ish.

M = the one and only me
                JC = jerk customer

JC: (as he looks out our front window) "How come your deliveries aren't here yet? They were here at 11 last week!"

Me: (as I look out the same window and see the huge freaking BLIZZARD out there) "I would have to assume it's been delayed due to the weather."

JC: "This is ridiculous, I scheduled my day so I could be here until 12:30 and have a good chance to get a Wii because they usually come in, in the morning."

Me: "I am sorry sir but there is nothing I can do about the weather."

JC: "If I put a deposit down can you hold a Wii for me when they come in?"

Me: "No sir, no holds or deposits on Wii's I'm afraid."

JC: "Lovely, so I get screwed because your damned truck can't get here on time. If I were you guys, I'd start thinking about changing delivery companies."

Me: (DESPERATELY wanting to chew him out, but gritting my teeth) "Sir, the delivery company does not control the weather, I'm sure they are doing their best."

JC: (as he is heading for the exit) "Sure they are, what a lovely yet useless operation they run. Slow bastards"

I told this story to our delivery guy when he finally did show up and he said he would have loved to have grabbed the biggest box on his truck and drop it on JC's head...TWICE.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                  Well, as my Grandfather used to say: "Always turn your underwear inside out and then you can get twice as much use out of them!"
                  Well, that makes sense, but I don't think I could do that... Any chance he was from the Make Do With What You Have era?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Well, that makes sense, but I don't think I could do that... Any chance he was from the Make Do With What You Have era?

He grew up in North Dakota, on a farm, raised by a father and older brothers/sisters who lived through the Bolshevik Revolution. Plus he was born in 1926, so that meant he lived through the Great Depression in America. So, how'd you guess?

Comment

try working for an airline, fog and snow cause many problems and the pax never seem to realise it's for their safety we can flights, we don't control the weather!
                      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth crazydaisy View Post
                        WTF?
                        Can these people not see that the weather is bad?
                        Usually not. All they care is getting their crap.

I know what that's like. One of my paper route customers got me into trouble...simply because his precious paper was late. Never mind that we got about 3 feet of snow the previous night and many roads (even the main ones) were difficult. Never mind it was well below zero (F), etc., and people were coming down our street sideways

No, he had to have his damn paper, which, after the truck came around 4 (2 hours late) didn't get to his house until well after 5, and nearly 6pm.

Because it was late, he actually called the newspaper, and bitched. Nothing ever happened, since I'd *never* had a complaint...and that old bastard ruined my record.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
                          'WE ARE A DEPARTMENT STORE! NOT GOD!' Dont like the weather complain at your local church but we cant do anything about it im sorry!
                          Which is why many legal contracts have a force majeure clause.
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                            He grew up in North Dakota, on a farm, raised by a father and older brothers/sisters who lived through the Bolshevik Revolution. Plus he was born in 1926, so that meant he lived through the Great Depression in America. So, how'd you guess?
                            I'm smart like that, and rumor has it that I have untapped psychic abilities.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
                              friendofjimmyk, you're just channeling De-Evolution.
                              It's okay.
                              It's GOOD.

One chromosome too many!
                              Thanks. I thought I was just losing it!
                              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X