This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More fun with the program guide

Caller: The program guide for Nick2 says "Roseanne" should be on, but it's not.
    Me: Thank you. I'll pass it along to... someone. We apologize for the error.
    Caller: You're not going to put it on?
    Me: I can't actually do that. We just show what Nickelodeon sends us.
    Caller: But if the program guide says it's on, don't you have the responsibility to put it on?
    Me: No. No, I don't.
    Caller: You just don't want to, right?
    Me: I can't put it on.
    Caller: Why not? The program guide says it should be on. Why won't you just show it?
    Me: Because we just show what the network gives us.
    Caller: Nobody wants to take responsibility anymore.

Yeah... that's it. I'm just funny that way.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Shame on you! Everyone knows you guys sit there surrounded by VCRs and tapes so that you can put on the next show! (/sarcasm)
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

How dare you!!! Now my whole TV watching is thrown off!
      "You can try to control everything in your life or you can just let it go..."- Viggo Mortensen

Comment

So, um, how much do I have to pay you to make sure that Roseanne is never on again?
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

Sounds like the same kind of doofus who would call the police to complain that the electricity is off.

Comment

Barefootgirl, what's wrong with Roseanne? Some episodes are funny.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Kind of freaks me out that someone's life might revolve around a Roseanne episode.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
              ~Clerks

Comment

When you live in an area with a high white trash per capita like I do, Roseanne just makes you sad, especially when people try to emulate her.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

When I switched at Channel 25, I got that, too. And I got a guy say "I guess you just don't care, either, do you?" when he was complaining about some silly ass glitch in the programming.

I don't even remember what we were talking about, just some bonehead called and got me on the phone, and wanted to bitch about either something on he wanted off, or visa versa. I don't know. But I do remember he wanted me to do something about his request immediately.

Yeah. I had slightly less pay, and considerably less power than the janitor, yet he wants executive programming changes on the fly, immediately, by me. Oooookay.

I told him he needed to call the general manager in the morning and his reponse was "You just don't care, do you?"

Well, no. No, I don't. I said something like "Sir, it doesn't matter if I care or not. I can't do anything about it." He wanted to press the issue, and I was busy and not real inclined to argue with a fool, so I just firmly told him to call the GM in the morning and hung up.

Loser.

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                    Caller: Nobody wants to take responsibility anymore.
                    No, ma'am, it's just not that important to me, that's why!
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Since when is Roseanne even partially appropriate for a Nickelodeon channel? Much less, what kids are out there, watching Roseanne, and enjoying themselves?

Heck, I can hardly stand her NOW, and I know I couldn't when I was younger.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Hey can I call for you to fast forward the commercials for me?
                        If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                        www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

I seem to recall that most printed tv guides (TV Guide, newspapers, etc.) always included a disclaimer, "Networks reserve the right to change programming without notice." What makes people think that, since program guides are now electronic, that this disclaimer no longer applies?

I'm looking forward to the time when ALL programming is "On Demand." -- watch what you want, when you want. Oh - wait - that's what DVD's are for, no?
                          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            Since when is Roseanne even partially appropriate for a Nickelodeon channel?

I may be wrong, but I think they show it later at night, after children are (supposedly) asleep.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

Yeah. I had slightly less pay, and considerably less power than the janitor, yet he wants executive programming changes on the fly, immediately, by me. Oooookay.
                              That's one of the most annoying parts of my job... people who talk to me like I have anything to do with anything. Like I'm going to say, "After listening to your insane hour long harangue, I've decided to lower prices, add every channel on the planet, forget all past due balances, and give everyone 1 gigabyte per second internet service. Please be patient, though... it may take me a couple of hours to get all this done."
                              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
                              X