Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've shopped here longer then you have been alive!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've shopped here longer then you have been alive!

Short one. A older customer, probably late 60's early 70's, complains that the lines are too long and this is, of course, unacceptable. My Manager told him that we just opened up four more tills and the rush had come in within the last few moments.

He stomped his feet and uttered the words 'I have been shopping here longer then you have been alive missy!"

A few fast facts:
    1) Our company was originally founded in the early 80's.
    2) Our badges show our starting year with the company.
    3) Managers start date was in 1985
    4) Manager is about 45 yrs old

He said he would take his business elsewhere. We waved him goodbye.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

At our store, I've noticed that the retired folks are always the ones that complain the most about line-ups - but of course they always come in when the store is likely to be busiest. "But it's lunchtime - and I want to have lunch! Why is it so busy?" Guess they don't want to miss their favourite soap/afternoon nap/golf or something.

Comment

I was always confused why retired people seem to complain the most about a extra minute or so, when a most other people just accept the fact that it is not possible to have a 1 cashier to customer ratio.

Comment

I've heard elderly people complaining bitterly about lunchtime queues in the city, along the lines of 'Why do all these office workers have to come out into the shops just because it's their lunch hour?'
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Old SC's I feel should feel blessed they are still alive that they have the time to do their errands, or maybe they are impatient cause they feel time at their age is ticking and always in fear their time is about to be up :/
          "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth ravevolution View Post
            Old SC's I feel should feel blessed they are still alive that they have the time to do their errands, or maybe they are impatient cause they feel time at their age is ticking and always in fear their time is about to be up :/
            Because the best possible preparations for whatever final judgment one is expecting to find is to be a complete jerk whenever possible. That's definitely going to reflect well!
            EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
            ~-~
            Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I donā€™t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Hm I usually find the old ones o be the best customers, it's the 40-50 somethings that spend almost 2 hours looking at movies to rent then suddenly "must go NOW!!" with nothing over $10.
              ps. mister "i'm in a rush now" I've had to pee since you showed up so NO i'm not happy with you.
              It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
                He stomped his feet and uttered the words 'I have been shopping here longer then you have been alive missy!"

A few fast facts:
                1) Our company was originally founded in the early 80's.
                2) Our badges show our starting year with the company.
                3) Managers start date was in 1985
                4) Manager is about 45 yrs old
                I suppose she could take it as a sort of compliment...
                Quoth Aisling View Post
                Because the best possible preparations for whatever final judgment one is expecting to find is to be a complete jerk whenever possible. That's definitely going to reflect well!
                I've often thought that too.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                  'Why do all these office workers have to come out into the shops just because it's their lunch hour?'
                  If someone said that to me, I'm not sure they'd like the reply. I'm sure the would take over...and say something like "well, they have to take a break from working. You know, the thing that makes it possible to pay for *your* Social Security, Medicaid/Medicare, and other benefits"
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Cactus Jack View Post
                    Old people can get to Burger King to drink coffee at 6 in the morning, you would think they could shop before noon.
                    Heh, as I've got older I've found I need less and less sleep. The usual upshot is that I'm often waking up earlier.

Apart from browsing forums and hitting the cereal, there's bugger all left for us old farts to do.

Well, this coming from a forty-year-old...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      Heh, as I've got older I've found I need less and less sleep. The usual upshot is that I'm often waking up earlier.

Apart from browsing forums and hitting the cereal, there's bugger all left for us old farts to do.

Rapscallion
                      Enfant! NiƱo!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
                        I'm 23 and doing this.

gah. i'm old
                        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I've noticed that the loudest complainers about delays are often also the ones who not only want to write a check, but don't start filling it out until they see the total price.

Comment

not me, i'm fortysomething and i love me sleep time.

hmm, maybe a reply with 'why do all these old people come out, with their crotchetiness, rudeness and general self serving bs?'
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                            X