This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's suck

(bg) So this week I was only scheduled 4 days, which was nice. But I've been slowly getting sick, culminating in a sore throat yesterday. (/bg)

So the dude from the second story from this post http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=68233 came in again tonight. Not only is he an asshole but he's a chauvinist douche bag. He comes in and sees me (who's trying to avoid him) and yells the name of a few random items asking where they are. Then when he comes up to the register he mumbles under his breath and wont give me a straight answer when I ask him the questions I ask EVERY customer. Plus he takes a GOOD look at my name tag. Then when I said "Have a good night," he gave me a dirty look.

We have a lady that comes in almost every day to buy cigs (which I don't really care about) but every other day she pays for the whole thing in fucking change. Tonight she needed her cigs so bad that even though she was a little over $1 short she asked me to cover it cause she'd pay be back. Then 20 minutes later she calls and asks me when I work tomorrow so she can pay me back.

NO MORE NICE DRAGON_WINGS... AND NOT MORE PAYING $6 IN CHANGE!

Bonus:
    As the four of us leave after close some chick pulls up and yells out her car window "Are you open?"
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

I never lend people money at work anymore. Two things always happen. I either never see them again OR they expect it all the time.

I now thell them "sorry, I come to work to make money. If I can manage MY money to have some left until my next pay, you can too."

Comment

yep, the next time she's short, she'll ask again; they're never grateful for help, they just consider us suckers.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
        I never lend people money at work anymore. Two things always happen. I either never see them again OR they expect it all the time.
        I'm a big believer in this paraphrased proverb:
        "If you lend a friend a few bucks, and never see either again, it was probably one of the best investments you've ever made."
        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
          I now thell them "sorry, I come to work to make money. If
          I can manage MY money to have some left until my next pay, you can too."
          Exactly.

Plus, it's not like she NEEDED the cigs to survive.

If someone's short a few cents on their lunch or dinner, I'll tell them to not worry about it. When someone's short on BEER, I stand there, unblinking, expecting payment or I void the sale.
          Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Dragon Wings, NO!!!!!

I really hope (though I doubt) she never asks you again for change. You be be evil in her eyes if you ever deny her again. Please dont give out anymore money...I dont care if its $0.25. She will come to depends on you and eventually it may get to "Just give me a pack of cigs free and I SWEAR ill pay you Tuesday". I understand your heart was in the right place, but this can only end badly.

Also, that guy in the first story...he sucks.

That is all.

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
              I'm a big believer in this paraphrased proverb:
              "If you lend a friend a few bucks, and never see either again, it was probably one of the best investments you've ever made."
              Unfortunately, i dont doubt this one is coming back. Only with new, higher expectations...

Comment

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today
                Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Cig lady brought in the $1.05. And I will NEVER do that again. I'm just sick of most of my customers. We have a "Give a penny, take a penny" type thing and I'll say don't worry about it they're a few cents short but that's all. Ugh.
                  I hate people. And I'm sick. (sorry for whining )

Comment

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hit the chicken soup, OJ, salt water gargles, and get some rest.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                      Sorry you're not feeling well. Hit the chicken soup, OJ, salt water gargles, and get some rest.
                      I have the next two days off. I'm gonna sleep much, drink lots of water, and just chill.

Comment

I think I know exactly what lady your talking about it, and it looks like she's still living in the 80's. But then after she comes back and brings you the money the 2nd time shes back, she buys even more stuff and has a lot of money? Just get it all in the first time duhhh. or wait to come
                        Last edited by Dave1982; 09-13-2010, 12:05 AM. Reason: wall o'text

Comment

Working...
                        X