This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Since you cant tie a knot!"

(For those who don't know, I work at Walmarts greatest rival in TX)

Today I got to experience a LOVELY middle aged man and his wife. He tells me to tie his bag in a knot, so I do it the way everyone in the store and everyone I know ties a plastic bag. He proceeds to tell me "You don't know how to tie a bag, everything will fall out." He then does his intricate knot. (Our bags will tear/rip half the time so we don't overload them.) I put 5 coffee creamer boxes with SHARP edges in the bag, he procceeds to tell me to put more in the bag, not paying attention to the HOLES in the side. While I try to tie his bags "correctly", he yanks them out of my hands and tells me "since you refuse to tie them correctly, I'll do it." All the while he is glaring at him. I put his bottle (with handle) of cleaning fluid in his basket. He basically throws it at me and says , "put it in a bag". (I could understand it if he would have said, "I would like this in a bag." or "Please put this in a bag". You would have to have heard the tone he said it in that got me to label him an SC.) After his transaction his done, the cashier asks the wife if she wants her cat food cans in the cardboard display box, put in a bag. Wife says yes. When the bag is in front of her, she grumbles, says, "I don't need the box, I'll just throw it away anyway." and tosses the box at the cashier.

You're giving me flashbacks to my supermarket days! Stop it!

Seriously though, welcome aboard.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

wow, bag wasters; time for work to charge for them (especially with morons like that). they seem well matched, equally stupid, equally rude and equally annoying.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

i was wondering why i got a look of shock when i told the bagger I didnt want a bag for my one 2-liter of soda.

people like this. everloving mary.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          i was wondering why i got a look of shock when i told the bagger I didnt want a bag for my one 2-liter of soda.

people like this. everloving mary.
          I on the other hand am the opposite. I ask for my heavier bags to be double bagged since I'm on bike. I hope this isn't a sucky request.

You're not alone, TC. I can't seem to tie the knot either.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

no, hero, i don't think yours is a suck; it's a safety issue for you and making it easier for you to carry what you need. there's no suck here.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I often get surprised looks when I turn down a bag when I buy a loaf of bread, or a piece of fruit. Is it really THAT uncommon for people to just carry things? It also happens when I put stuff in my own backpack, like when I'm restocking on cat food. A backpack is a hell of a lot more comfortable for transporting 30+lbs of cat food and/or litter on the bus than paper bags.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                I ask for my heavier bags to be double bagged since I'm on bike. I hope this isn't a sucky request.
                When I was a bagger, double-bagging requests generally fell into two categories: heavy and light.

Heavy meant they wanted as much stuff as possible crammed into each bag; doubling up was just to help prevent tearing. In this case - like yours - it was not a big deal since it was actually easier.

What's really annoying is when people want double bags, but they also want them *lighter* than usual. Thankfully those were few and far between, but they always irritated me because it was more work and because the added strength of double-bagging is totally wasted when they ask for light bags. Of course, the people who asked for that were usually trying to scam free disposable lunch bags.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

My idea of double-bagging is for 2-liters. A single bag more or less protects everything else.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

...and the bags over here can take six litres at once without serious problems. That's roughly the point where you start having trouble carying it.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                      ...and the bags over here can take six litres at once without serious problems. That's roughly the point where you start having trouble carying it.
                      The bags here aren't a problem with six litres if it's light. But the handles aren't actually designed to work, so if it's heavy your hands will be quite sore before you get home. Unless you're putting it in a bundle buggy or the like.

Comment

I meant six litres of liquid. Which weigh 6kg.

Comment

... I want your bags. Actually, I don't, because then I'd never bother to bring my own, and would have all sorts of plastic bags lying around the house. How much do they charge for bags there, and do you know if they're actually charging the full cost?

Comment

Around here it's actually the law that stores have to charge 5 cents per plastic bag. Cashiers will generally ask if you want a bag, and if so how many bags. It's meant to encourage people to use reusable bags or reuse plastic bags.

I imagine there's more cramming of stuff into fewer bags than there used to be -- guy who buys five litres of cream in sharp-cornered boxes might say he wants one bag and then have everything fall through the bottom. But then, there might be less abuse of cashiers, at least in the stores where customers bag their own groceries. Only the really posh supermarkets around here have staff bag your groceries for you, and even then it's the cashier who does it. There's no dedicated bagger.

Comment

Around here, unless you go through a sell/express checkout, the cashiers tend to bag as they scan. Superstore tried to charge, but dropped the policy (and now they technically refund you 1cent per reuseable bag you bring in or something like that, but I've never seen it applied).

For me, since I don't drive, I usually have my backpack and some reuseables (love Sobey's reuseables). I usually let the cashier pack things up in the bags, put them back in the cart, then stop at the windows in front of the store (just past the cashiers), out of the flow of traffic and load the heaviest stuff (Choco milk, juice boxes, etc...) into my bookbag and repack the rest as best I can. Works out for me usually. Though I am running out of plastic bags to use for garbage now....

Comment

Working...
                              X