Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because you don't physically have a bill doesn't mean you don't have to pay it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because you don't physically have a bill doesn't mean you don't have to pay it!

Working in customer service a long time now, I just love the customers who call in upset that they were penalized for not paying a bill, yet the reason is because they lost their original copy, or the billing address is not correct due to the customer providing the incorrect one, or they changed their mailing address yet failed to notify us about it. And, when you get it all corrected and offer to accept a payment from them (as well as possibly crediting the penalty charges), these people still refuse to pay their bill because they don't have an actual copy in their hands! I get them every day saying, "Well, until I have that bill, I will not pay it!" even if it is the same amount they paid the month before.

I had a man this week who has our internet service and pays it on a yearly basis. Every year, he does the same thing. Spends six month of the year in New York, then another in Florida (why he pays on a yearly basis is beyond me being he doesn't spend all year in New York. We only provide service in New York, not Florida). In the fall, when he comes to Florida, not a month afterward he calls us about the bill, that he is not going to pay it because it was not mailed to him. Yet, every time we look, it's always him that failed to tell us the address of where the bills needed to go. They kept going to New York, and apparently nobody sends the bills to him, nor does he notify the post office to forward his mail. And, because of this, he feels not only is he discharged of his obligation to pay the bill, but also that his internet provider owes him a credit for this headache. Well, dirty rotten bastard, if you would simply call us before you take your thousand mile trip to Florida and tell us that you need the address changed, or if you would get off your lazy ass and notify your post office to forward your mail, you wouldn't have this problem. I'm sure he knows this, but it's a sure way of knocking some money off of his bill each month. After all, he probably has to pay for that second home or maintain that expensive Cadillac!

I'll never understand this mentality. How is the company supposed to know you didn't get a bill? If I lose mine, or I don't see it when I know I normally get it, I phone up the company to make sure everything's okay and to make sure whatever service it is isn't about to get shut off. People's stupidity amazes me.
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Quoth Myra View Post
      I'll never understand this mentality. How is the company supposed to know you didn't get a bill? If I lose mine, or I don't see it when I know I normally get it, I phone up the company to make sure everything's okay and to make sure whatever service it is isn't about to get shut off. People's stupidity amazes me.
      That's just it though. Whenever they don't get a bill, they call their company first before checking with the postal service, or better yet, checking it on-line. Even when you tell them the amount and it's the same as what they paid previously, they still refuse to make a payment until they physically have the bill in their possession. "And don't you charge me for my ignorance either!"

Comment

Working...
      X