Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racism detected... deploying countermeasures...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism detected... deploying countermeasures...

A "lady" calls in tonight because she's been disconnected for not paying her bill. I kindly explain to her that unfortunately her power will not be on until the next day. It's been a truly shitty week for me but I don't normally let that taint my work. But taint it did. let's see what happened. (huh huh... taint...)

Racist Whore: What do you mean it won't be on until tomorrow?!

Me: Unfortunately crews have stopped reconnections in this district so I don't have anyone I can send out there. Earliest it could be on is 7am tomorrow so if you could make other arrangements...

RW: Go F*ck yourself...

Me: ...ok. Goodnight ma'am.

*silence while I notate her account*

RW: Oh so you're typing now huh?

Me: Yes ma'am, I have to notate all accounts after every conversation.

RW: You're probably entering something that's gonna slow down my connection aren't you.

Me: Unfortunately I have no way of either expediting or delaying reconnection orders.

RW: Whatever you f*cking spic. Go back to your own country.

Me: *eye roll/continue to notate account silently*

RW: Ohhh that got you didn't it. Go back to Cuba and suck Castro's d*ck.

Me: I'm sure if I were Cuban I would be very insulted.

RW: Just hop back on your Sh*tty little raft and float back to your Cuba and give us our country back.

Me: *can't hold back any longer. In my most faux-sincere tone:* You know maybe you would benefit more than me by going to Cuba.

RW: Why I'm not a f*cking bean eating spic like you?

Me: *I can't believe she took the bait!* Well, one thing that they do in Cuba is give you free electricity, which is what you seem to think that we do.

RW: *torrent of incoherent cursing ended by a solid* F*ck you, spic!!!

Please don't be racist. It forces me to reveal your ignorance and stupidity to you. See I figure the thing that makes people who think I'm somehow inferior to them vomit with rage is turning that around on them. Wow, did you see that? That guy you think is an idiot just make you look like an even bigger idiot. Oh I'm sorry, did you think I was going to cry or become indignant? That wouldn't be any fun. I'm all about teaching life lessons and I figure if you're going to hate me because of where my family originally came from, I may as well give you a reason. I'm validating your hatred of me, isn't that thoughtful?

I love your comeback And I'm sorry the lady was a racist bitch.

Comment

I love the way that she thinks that you can wait for as long as it takes for her to pay her bill, but her reconnection needs to be done now.

Sorry you had to hear that - but excellent comeback
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Wow there must be something going around that's causing people to be racist? I had a racist guy this evening insulting people from India.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I hope you included notes on her behavior; there was no call for it. So, any chance that 'lady's' account will get dropped from your company?
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

What an imbecile!

Awesome comeback, though! Too bad being racist can't get a person dropped from a company's service. See how she likes it when there's no one to get electricity through
            "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

So how could she tell what nationality you were over the phone? How did she think that being racist was going to make her get her electricity turned on any faster? & why didn't you hang up on her as soon as she turned nasty?

Comment

I got a couple racist old fucks at Mart of K last year. When we ran out of Wii's, I had one comment or another about how <insert racial term for a Nintendo employee of Asian decent> were slowing down, or not working hard enough.

Comment

Can you enter her remarks into your call log or whatever record you keep? I work at the concierge desk of an apartment building and I've begun to write down exactly what people say to me, if they are being rude. We keep a concierge log and I will write down exact quotations if need be. It might help to make others aware of the kind of customer this person is.
                  And I'm sorry she said those things to you.

Comment

I had someone call me a stupid bitch and make several comments about me being stupid because I happen to be female... because I told him he had to wait 2 hours for his service to be reconnected. *sigh* Normally people don't insult my gender unless they have a tech related problem...

Which was really funny one time when someone insisted on speaking with a guy. I transferred him to Chad, and Chad ended up having to put the guy on hold to ask me about the issue... since I'm the resident guru at my job with troubleshooting strange computer issues. *giggle* When the guy complained about being put on hold, Chad informed him that he needed to get advice from the person he refused to speak with, and if he had stayed on the line with me the problem would have been fixed faster.

(Typed on my phone - forgive typos please)
                    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Excellent pawnage Sarcastro. Two thumbs up and a plate of cookies from me for what you had to go through.

Comment

i'm still goggled by why she said all those (incredibly stupid) things? how in the hell can you tell what a person's background is unless they have an accent thicker than soup??
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                          i'm still goggled by why she said all those (incredibly stupid) things? how in the hell can you tell what a person's background is unless they have an accent thicker than soup??
                          Well, obviously, you can tell by the accent you imagine is there. I've been called black, southern, irish, white trash, etc. By people calling me over the phone. Ok... I'm white, live in Michigan, talk like I live in Michigan (Randy Milholland was teasing me because of my accent when I saw him last April... I thought people in Michigan lacked accents rather than had them, but guess not!) - people hear the name I use at work - which sounds Irish - and suddenly hear an accent. Southern... not sure where that comes from. And I'm not speaking in "ebonics" or whatever so I'm sure sure how you can tell someone is black over the phone who is speaking in an educated way with full sentences... could be ANY race!

I don't understand these people. Probably never will....
                          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Awesome comeback on that racist asshole!
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Unfortunately since we're a (natural) monopoly we can't refuse service even if it's the grand dragon of the kkk, which I'm pretty sure I've spoken with at some point. It's gotten to the point where racism doesn't even make me blink. But she's one of the few people who actually listen to my opening speil and she heard my name. It's very Hispanic and while it does have an English version I like my name just the way it is. I swear I'm a nice guy but I have some sort of tourettes that blurts out smartass comments when I'm pissed off.

Comment

Working...
                              X