Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What The Fuck Is WRONG With This Place?!?" And Others.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What The Fuck Is WRONG With This Place?!?" And Others.

What is this trend I noticed lately in other people's threads about nobody listening lately? It seems ot have hit my area, too!

So my schedule got changed-I now have to get up early 3 times a week to go into work. Yuck. Weekday mornings at my Aid of Rite are a different animal than weekend mornings, I noticed. Therefore I have a lot more suck to tell, mostly centered around that goddamn "Healthiness +" card.

Squishy

So a girl and a guy come up with a brace and ask me to throw out the empty box for the brace. Said box comes with a squishy little gel pad on top so you can "feel the comfort". I'm touching it to feel how comfortable it is when the guy yells "Don't play with the gel!"

"Oh my god is she really?"

"Yeah! Oh my God!"

"*laugh giggle whisper whisper whisper*"

Since when is touching a gel pad a crime?

"What The Fuck Is WRONG With This Place?!?"

"Piggy" is a regular customer and always wants to set aside magazines for her. As cashier A is doing the magazines that came in, she set a few out and "Piggy" comes up and is grumbling and growling.

"That jerk who does the magazines set them out too early!"

"Ok."

Then she gets angry that she doesn't get a reward on the cheese crackers she's buying even though "THE SIGN ON IT SAYS THERE'S ONE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS FUCKING PLACE?!?"

Oooooooooooooh I wish I could throw Piggy out for that, but I had manager S2 take care of her. Cashier A says next time she asks for magazine, she will refuse them.

What's worse is that "Piggy" actually did go out and bitch to manager J about the magazines. I don't know what he told her but she went out looking upset.

"NO IT'S $2.99!!!"

Reading is fundamental. So is listening. I asked you if you wanted to sign up for the "Healthiness +" card. You ignored me. You bitched at me when your chocolate rang up at full price. You went and got Manager A, who bitched me out for not asking you. I'm so sorry your listening skills are gone in your old age. NOT.

Bonus: See If I Help You Again, Then

The 90+ year old regular customer who came in was all upset she couldn't get her dark chocolate "N&Ns" for 2/$4 with the reward. Well, I looked in the aisle and found them for $1.99 each so she bought 4 bags. 30 seconds later, she was back in cashier N's aisle whining about how she sister got the "N&N's" for the 2/$4 price. The problem is that it is for Halloween branded ones, not the regular ones as I told her earlier!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Oh, wow. Dr. Bloom noticed in "The Closing of the American Mind," that this generation (80's book) is singularly addicted to music, almost never taking the headphones off. And when they do, "They find they are deaf."
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      Oh, wow. Dr. Bloom noticed in "The Closing of the American Mind," that this generation (80's book) is singularly addicted to music, almost never taking the headphones off. And when they do, "They find they are deaf."
      I don't know that it's deafness as much as ADD.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
        Bonus: See If I Help You Again, Then

The 90+ year old regular customer who came in was all upset she couldn't get her dark chocolate "N&Ns" for 2/$4 with the reward. Well, I looked in the aisle and found them for $1.99 each so she bought 4 bags. 30 seconds later, she was back in cashier N's aisle whining about how she sister got the "N&N's" for the 2/$4 price. The problem is that it is for Halloween branded ones, not the regular ones as I told her earlier!
        so, wait she wanted 2 for $4 but instead got them at $1.99 each, meaning she got 2 for $3.98, and she complained about that?

man my faith in humanity is dropping
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          Said box comes with a squishy little gel pad on top so you can "feel the comfort". I'm touching it to feel how comfortable it is when the guy yells "Don't play with the gel!"

"Oh my god is she really?"

"Yeah! Oh my God!"

"*laugh giggle whisper whisper whisper*"

It sounds like you were in the midst of a private (probably dirty) joke between the two about the gel pad. I hope, at least. Otherwise, I'd suspect that they did something bad to it while they were in the aisle and I don't even want to think what that could be.
          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            Dr. Bloom noticed in "The Closing of the American Mind," that this generation (80's book) is singularly addicted to music, almost never taking the headphones off. And when they do, "They find they are deaf."
            Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I don't know that it's deafness as much as ADD.
            I don't think it's deafness or ADD; it's self-centered narcissicm. They think "I am the center of the universe, and everyone and everything should cater to me, so why should I listen to anyone else? The other people are not as important as Almighty Me, Me, ME!!!"
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That or...
              They're all stupids!
              He is a stupid, she is a stupid, that gender-neutral person in the corner over there is also a stupid!
              None of us are, we're smarter than that!
              (migraines make me feel funny)
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Dr. Bloom's language was figurative. He meant that once they become obsessed with 'music' and pop culture, they can't 'hear' or understand anything else.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I've got a friend who hardly ever takes her damn headphones off..but in her case, it's not music she's listening to, it's usually talk radio.

I remember one day we were in a local park, walking around. I asked her to take her headphones off, and she refused. One, she claimed that she had no room for them, even in the multiple bags she was carrying (She carries so many bags it's unbelievable), and then she started going on about what she was listening to. "Oh, there's this guy and he's talking about how that Times Square bombing attempt could happen here!".
                  Way to miss the point! Needless to say, I was miffed. She says she can listen to her headphones and hear me as well, but that's not the problem. The problem is that I hate competing for attention, and hate it when she gives off the vibe that she needs her headphones to be entertained, that myself and whoever else is with her just aren't interesting enough.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post

"What The Fuck Is WRONG With This Place?!?"

"Piggy" is a regular customer and always wants to set aside magazines for her. As cashier A is doing the magazines that came in, she set a few out and "Piggy" comes up and is grumbling and growling.

"That jerk who does the magazines set them out too early!"
                    I suppose it never occured to her to subscribe, if she gets the same mags every month?

It would be a HELL of a lot cheaper, too.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Wow, what a bunch of wackos you have there, ralerin. I wonder if J told Piggy to pound sand or something.

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
                        Way to miss the point! Needless to say, I was miffed. She says she can listen to her headphones and hear me as well, but that's not the problem. The problem is that I hate competing for attention, and hate it when she gives off the vibe that she needs her headphones to be entertained, that myself and whoever else is with her just aren't interesting enough.
                        This is when I would rip the headphones out of her ears and crush them under my foot.

Quoth Panacea View Post
                        I suppose it never occured to her to subscribe, if she gets the same mags every month?

It would be a HELL of a lot cheaper, too.
                        No, she gets the ones that catch her attention-mostly cooking ones.
                        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
                          so, wait she wanted 2 for $4 but instead got them at $1.99 each, meaning she got 2 for $3.98, and she complained about that?

man my faith in humanity is dropping
                          Actually that would be $4.18 in Wisconsin. You forgot sales tax.

-E- DUH what am I thinking the $2/4 would be before sales tax too!

This is a special situation where you just ring them up normally and smile and nod. "Yes sir, two for four dollars, your total with tax comes to four dollars and eighteen cents."
                          Last edited by roothorick; 09-23-2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

*points to location*

What is this "sales tax" you speak of? :P

Comment

i dunno but.. i'm getting a mental impression that the couple is immature. like the kids who still giggle when a word even sounds remotely sexual. (like how my 7 year old nephew giggles when you spell Mississippi because you have to say "pee pee")

"Piggy" is a regular customer and always wants to set aside magazines for her
                              call me stupid but... wouldn't it be easier and cheaper for her to just order them instead?
                              (or at least easier on you since then she wouldn't be screaming that someone else got a magazine before she did)
                              Last edited by PepperElf; 09-24-2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X