This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Mother, Like Son

I was working an office shift at the school today. First, a little background.

A boy was caught texting in the middle of a lesson. The school has a very strict policy on phones. If a child is caught with a phone, it is confiscated. It is then put in the office, and the child has to take a letter home to their parents. The parents then sign the letter, confirming that they are aware that their child is not supposed to have a phone in class, and when the letter is returned, the child gets their phone back.

It was the end of the school day, and the child that was caught texting showed up at the office door. I know this child, and he is 11 years old, at the oldest. He BANGED on the door very hard. A co-worker went over.

CW: Excuse me, please don't bang on the door like that.
    Child: I want my phone back.
    CW: Do you have your signed letter.
    Child: I said I WANT my phone back!
    CW: Do not take that attitude with me young man or I will report you.
    Child: Give me MY PHONE!
    CW: Do you have your letter?
    Child: I'm not giving YOU any letter!
    CW: Well until I get that letter signed, you are not getting your phone. I will be reporting you to the head of year for your manners.

She closed the door. We saw the child storm out the school.

About two minutes later, his mother appeared. She slammed her hands on the front desk.

M: WHERE IS THE PHONE?!?!

CW went to talk to her. I immediately got on the phone to the staff room and requested that a senior member of staff come down right away.

CW: I have already told your son that when he returns the letter, he can have his phone back.
    M: YOU ARE A THIEF! GIVE ME HIS PHONE BACK! NOOOOOOOWWWW!

The deputy head appeared.

DH: Please keep your voice down!
    M: WHHHHHYYYY DID YOU STTEEEEEEEAAAALLL HIS PHONE?
    DH: Your son was caught texting in the middle of a lesson...
    M: OH SO FUCKING WHAT?!
    DH: Keep your language clean. You are in a school. Like I said, your sons phone was confiscated...
    M: YOU MEAN STOLEN!
    DH: No, confiscated. He can have the phone back once he or you have returned the letter...
    M: YOU MEAN THIS LETTER?

She held it up.

DH: Yes, that letter.
    M: RIGHT!

She started tearing the letter to shreds, and threw it all over the floor. Everyone stood, completely silent. There were about six members of staff and a dozen children watching. DH started shaking his head in shame.

DH: Customersruinmylife, can you get the phone for me?
    M: ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

I gave DH the phone, he handed it to M.

DH: Don't you EVER come into this school again.

DH walked off. My co-workers and I stood with our arms folded, shaking our heads as well.

M: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL STARING AT?!

She stormed out.

I guess I will never truely get away from the crazies.

WHY did she get the phone back with that attitude omg

Comment

Well, it is her property, after all.

I think I would've called the police on her for "disturbing the peace".

What a rotten attitude. Neither she nor her kid is going to get anywhere in life acting like that.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Man, I would've been like, well....you didn't bring back the letter, so no phone. What's that? I'm sorry, I said bring back the letter, not bring me back a pile of paper scraps. When you bring it back, then we can talk.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

So . . . the kid got expelled?
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
            So . . . the kid got expelled?
            No such luck. He is one of the youngest in the school, so that means we've got another 5 years before he leaves.

Comment

That is sucky. Man, at the school I went to, if you acted like that, the child was expelled and the school sent out one of those "hey this is a nasty person" letters to all the other schools in the area...meaning the parent's are stuck either paying for private school or homeschooling.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Neither she nor her kid is going to get anywhere in life period
                Edited for truth.

This kid will never get anywhere on his own, period. Because now it is reinforced in his mind that if he does anything wrong that his mother will swoop in to save him. Just like what happened with my own cousin anytime someone tried to discipline him.

If the kid's not in jail by or before graduation, he will be in his parent's place without a job and always begging his parents for money.

Comment

Is this woman banned? Because you just know the kid is going to get caught texting again, have his phone confiscated, and the she-bitch will arrive, foaming and raging all over again. Will a ban mean a call to the cops? Please? Pleeeeaaase?
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

If she comes back, I bet the cops are called is she does that again, as it would be a disturbance than. What a BITCH. My mom has gone to get my phone back (I lost it and the principal wouldn't let me pick it up anyway).
                    But least she was nice about it LOL

Comment

Too bad you couldn't break the phone. When the letter gets put back together, so does the phone

Comment

I'd have gotten a new letter and told her that once she signed the letter, he would get his phone back. Should have out-stubborned her because the next confrontation will only be worse now that she's won.

Comment

So, if he's caught with the phone again, will he be expelled then?
                          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

So she doesn't care one bit that her son was texting during a lesson? When he fails, she better not dare blame the teacher.

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                              So she doesn't care one bit that her son was texting during a lesson? When he fails, she better not dare blame the teacher.
                              Of course she will blame the teacher. A parent can't be expected to "parent" their children. Yeesh!

Way to teach your son to suck at life!! Hope you enjoy having a mooch!!
                              "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Working...
                              X