This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A stupid voicemail

I had to call a guy back to give him a price on a death notice. His email said something like 'Call Tim at XXX-XXXX'

When I dialled the number I got a recorded greeting that sounded like a teenager (we don't accept paid ads from anyone under 18, so...??). The greeting went: "This is Tim, please leave me a voicemail message. Please don't text me -- it's gay."

Kinda hoping the guy gave his kid's phone number by mistake and there isn't an adult dumb enough to leave a stupid greeting like that.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Wow, I've taken to texting people since my cell plan now allows for unlimited texts. Who knew that meant I was getting a tad too light in the loafers?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Wow, I've taken to texting people since my cell plan now allows for unlimited texts. Who knew that meant I was getting a tad too light in the loafers?

I only text people I know. I don't really call anyone unless I have to. That is one ridiculous message though. Mine is just "This is <Whiskey>, please leave a message" because you dont know whos calling you
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Should have left a message to blow his mind. something like 'I am SOOO sorry that texts are too happy for you. If I need to text you, I will make sure it is an appropriately somber subject so it does not make you happy."

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
          Should have left a message to blow his mind. something like 'I am SOOO sorry that texts are too happy for you. If I need to text you, I will make sure it is an appropriately somber subject so it does not make you happy."
          i love you. that is the best thought process ever. I love it when people are smart enough to use the proper definition of the word.
          I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            When I dialled the number I got a recorded greeting that sounded like a teenager (we don't accept paid ads from anyone under 18, so...??). The greeting went: "This is Tim, please leave me a voicemail message. Please don't text me -- it's gay."
            That's actually one of the guys from The Hangover voicemail message. I don't know if he did it because he liked the movie and thought it was funny or if in general he's a dumbass...
            A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Well, likely there aren't any girls calling this guy up, so I guess he thought that he could be as douchetastic as he likes on the phone message
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

"I've priced the requested death notice you requested, Sir. I've also taken the liberty of pricing your own death notice, as your voicemail message has convinced me beyond a doubt that your own death, at my hands, is imminent"
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post

I only text people I know. I don't really call anyone unless I have to. That is one ridiculous message though. Mine is just "This is <Whiskey>, please leave a message" because you dont know whos calling you
                  I *HATE* texting. I don't want to pay for texts because I think the way carriers charge for SMS service is ridiculous. Yes, I get that you're too poor to get a smartphone. That doesn't matter. They have SMS-to-IM gateways. Set one up and USE IT. Or if you're too lazy, just call me. If you're someplace you need to be quiet, odds are you shouldn't be texting people either. If I get an SMS from you, I'm going to ignore it and tell you I didn't get it.

Whiskey though, you'd actually know that, and IM me or just call me. You're cool.

Comment

I do not know how to text at all. I have never sent or received a text. It is not part of our current plan, so, as I would get charged up the butt for any sent or received texts, I have texting turned off w/ my carrier. People sometimes ask me if I got their text. "Nope." I guess those are floating somewhere out there in the ether.

And when I finally get around to getting a new phone (I qualify for a new one, but this one still works), I'll still have texting turned off w/ my carrier.

You can email me or, if it's more urgent, you can call me. I refuse to text and I don't care what an antiquiated fuddy duddy that makes me out to be.
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

You get charged to receive texts?
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                        You get charged to receive texts?
                        yeah, just like you get charged to receive phone calls. Thank mary for unlimited everything.
                        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                          Well, the OP was calling about a death notice, so....
                          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                            yeah, just like you get charged to receive phone calls. Thank mary for unlimited everything.
                            I don't get charged for either. AFAIK no Danish carrier charge for received calls or texts. Well, except for roaming in another country, then I have to pay for received calls, but not texts.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                              wow, no offense but your mobile services suck.

any standard mobile in england, either prepay or contract pays nothing to recieve calls or texts from any phone, you only pay for calls or texts you make.

heck I can buy a £5 sim for some networks, throw it in a £10 phone, and as long as I put £5 a month on to it, i'll get unlimited free texting.

I use texts for practicality, but prefer phonecalls myself, though i can see how it became so popular over here
                              "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                              Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X