This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for trying to be nice to you

This happened a few weeks ago but i'm lazy and haven't bothered to post it till now.

I work in a major supermarket in the new england region, in the deli department and one of the things that I get all the time is people not wanting end pieces of the meat that they want sliced (an end piece in case anyone doesn't know is the last couple of pounds off a loaf) which is understandable (though I do have a separate complaint of people calling 2-5 pound pieces ends and saying they don't want them)

well this one woman comes up to te deli and asks for 1 lb of the roast beef on sale, I open the case and the piece in there is maybe only 1 lb to a pound and a quarter, so I go and open to open a new one, while im in back someone ordered the same roast beef from my coworker, they only wanted half a pound so my coworker grabs that piece. I come out of the back and start to open it when bitch lady comes over

her: "excuse me what the hell are you doing"
    me: *taken aback* I needed to open a piece
    her: "she has it right there
    me: that piece was barely a pound so i thought I should give you a fresh one
    her *rolls eyes*

course if I had tried to use that end piece she probably would have bitched about that.
    Last edited by Millahtyme1983; 01-14-2007, 02:04 AM. Reason: fix some typo's

You should have given her the end and told her there was none left.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X