This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of ketchup and ID's

I worked at a rest stop over the past summer. The SCs wer always it seemed out in force. They let me go/ fired me this month, because they " didn't need as many people" .

Sorry for the rather lengthy intro, anyway...
    Ketchup!
    I'm refilling the ketchup space, and a guy with his family come up

Me: Ta da!
    SC: SC
    SCW: Sc's wife
    ( are thought i didn't dare express)
    SC: Ketchup! Ketchup! Ketchup! ( to me) Hey, you! Ketchup!
    Me: Sir?
    SC: Oh for crying out loud ... Ketchup!!
    Me: Ketchup's right there.
    SC: Where?
    Me: next to the napkins.( I point out the pile of ketchup)
    SC: (speaking very slowly) Where ..is.. the ...ketchup ? God, can't you speak English?
    Me: (didn't I just answer you in English?)The ketchup is right here, sir.
    SC: Oh. God no need to be so snotty!(takes about five handfuls of ketchup)
    SCW: This is what happens when you're retarded, boys you end up like him!( points to me)

ID blues
    While working at WM I was ringing up a youngish lady she seemed to be in her late teens early twenties.

SC: SC
    Me:
    CSM: CSM
    M: manager

SC: Cigarettes! Marlboro!
    Me: May I see ID please.
    SC: no.
    Me: Sorry I can't sell you cigarettes then.
    SC: Get. me. cigarettes now.
    Me: I'm sorry but without ID I can't sell you cigarettes,
    SC: Grr! you just wanna steal my identity, so you don't have to work a retarded job like this. Get me your manger! Now!
    Me: Okay!
    CSM: Hey Grape, what's up?
    SC : He won't sell me cigarettes.
    CSM: Did you give him ID?
    SC: No and I won't it's none of your business how old I am!
    CSM: Well, I'm soeey but we need to see your ID. To verify that you can legally purchase tobacco.
    SC: I don't want tobacco I want cigarettes.
    CSM: Cigarettes are a tobacco product.
    SC: Whatever just sell me some.
    CSM: I'm sorry but we can't without ID.
    SC: Manager!
    CSM pages for manager)
    M: Hi how can i help?
    SC: My civil rights are being violated! your pair of retards won't sell me cigarettes. They say I need ID.
    M: First, please don't insult employees, secondly we cannot sell you cigarettes without proper ID
    SC: YOU JUST WANNA STEAL MY IDENTITY!! I'LL TELL MY MOM ON YOU!!!
    M: Ma'am calm down.
    SC: F-ck you c-nt!
    M: Please leave my store!
    SC: You are violating my civil f-cking rights! F-cker! I am the customer you must do what I say!
    M: Ma'am please leave the store.
    SC: You all are retarded anyway!! F-ck you!!
    ( maybe she's related to the telephone lady in my previous tale of woe)

Later I find out that she complained to home office and home office, surprisingly stuck by us! Yay!

Generally, when it comes to actual laws that force the company to pay big bucks in fines, corporate will stand by you.

Generally.

Good LORD people suck.

Comment

"Lady, NO idea, no cigerettes! BUG OFF!"
      I'd have been praying she ran into a door as she left.

Comment

Wow. Those are just... wow. I can't quite figure out which one's best. Whilst I loved the hypocrisy of ketchup guy calling you retarded and then behaving like that, I think refusing to show ID to buy cigarettes because they think they're going to steal your identity is pure paranoid insanity, and therefore it might just win.

Comment

What an idiot... she either doesn't have her ID on her, which is illegal if she's driving (or just plain illegal anyway in some places) or else she's underage and was trying to get Cigs anyway.

I'm glad corporate stood by you guys.
          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
            SCW: This is what happens when you're retarded, boys you end up like him!( points to me)
            I had a customer say something similar about me after I helped them find oreos after they had been standing there staring at the cookies for fifteen minutes. Their kid dropped my jaw to the floor when they replied with, "Nah, the retard couldn't find the Oreos in front of her face after the first ten seconds and had to have someone else show them."

Me:

I had to leave the aisle before I burst out laughing.
            I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
              Me: Obviously not as retarded as you since I can see the ketchup RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

What a bunch of mental midgets. Geez.

And I love your signature. That's one of my favorite poems.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                  Me: Obviously not as retarded as you since I can see the ketchup RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
                  Precisely! Not just stupid but rude as well, being nasty to someone who's helped them. Perhaps the kid in the next story could've helped:
                  Quoth MelodiousBubbles View Post
                  I had a customer say something similar about me after I helped them find oreos after they had been standing there staring at the cookies for fifteen minutes. Their kid dropped my jaw to the floor when they replied with, "Nah, the retard couldn't find the Oreos in front of her face after the first ten seconds and had to have someone else show them."
                  Ouch! So PWND it's painful! Kudos to that kid for teaching his mouthy parent some Reality 101.
                  Last edited by XCashier; 09-25-2010, 05:16 AM.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

SC: I don't want tobacco I want cigarettes.
                    CSM: Cigarettes are a tobacco product.

wow.

and still wanted to have them, in spite of not having a clue what they are, refused to show id and threatens you with civil action. bring it on, bitch.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I don't know if the ID lady really was paranoid or if that was just some pitiful attempt to buy cigs without ID. Either way, alcohol/cig sales were one of the very few things management would back us up on. It helps when not only can the store be fined, but the employee can be fined $10,000. NO SC is worth that.
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The civil rights thing is the thing that gets me.

Cigarettes are not a civil right.
                        Good customer service is not a civil right.
                        Even being able to be in a store and buy something from them is not a civil right.

God forbid SCs should learn to be civil, right?
                        "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Comment

Quoth TheRabbi View Post
                          The civil rights thing is the thing that gets me.
                          Even being able to be in a store and buy something from them is not a civil right.

Indeed. If they expect their "civil rights", they should try being more civil.

And, for those worried about cashiers stealing their identities, all I can say is, "Don't be silly. The doors are equipped with specialized scanners that already took down all of that info when you first stepped into the store. We OWN you now, Mister Anderson."
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth TheRabbi View Post
                            If SCs learned to be civil, this board would dry up and blow away.

Except the Pervfest and Lupo thread. *giggle*
                            "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

It takes all but a few seconds to show ID. Why is that so hard for some people to do?

Comment

Working...
                              X