This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another funny from T-Shirt Man

I've mentioned him in other threads. He's a little odd; always comes in with a blanket and a motorcycle helmet that he puts in a shopping cart, and he wears white t-shirts that he's written on with fabric paint. Sometimes he'll decide to share a 'prophecy' with you that he's seen, and he never smiles. I spotted him on my way to break this morning and I had to read the shirt as it's one I've never seen before. On both sides, it read . . .

My Enemies are
    Poppy Seeds

. . . .
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Is it wrong that I want a t-shirt like that?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Maybe before he went nuts he was a brigh eyed young man looking forward to joining the work force. Then on the day of the big interview he knocked it out of he park. Great interview, the job was virtually his, and all that needed to be done was to finish up the paperwork and take the drug test. But unbeknownst to him he ate a bagel with a sprinkling of poppy seeds on top of it before the drug test. Test comes out positive for Heroin and his life is ruined. He doesn't get the job, wife leaves him, and eventually it pushes him over the edge. Now the only thing that keeps him from going on a rampage is his t-shirt art work, his security blanket and the bike helmet he puts on to hide his shame. Either that or Poppy seeds killed his family. Or he's just nuts.

Comment

*giggles at Sarcastro's story*

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Sarcastro View Post
          Either that or Poppy seeds killed his family.
          i like this reason the best.
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Or he's allergic. The real story is to how he found out about his allergy. I think it should involve a vacation in which the allergies caused him to lose a finger as he was riding a camel. Yes, that's it.

Comment

Sarcastro hit one of my theories...
              My other two?:
              1) 'Poppy' Seeds killed his family. 'Poppy' Seeds is a gangster... a terrible one... he shoves poppy bagels into his victims mouths instead of a gag...
              2) He angered the Witch of the West, and she sent him through a poppy field, where Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem caught up with him...?
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

either that or he ate so many he got stoned
                or that he ate just enough to pop positive on a drug test

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  Sarcastro hit one of my theories...
                  My other two?:
                  1) 'Poppy' Seeds killed his family. 'Poppy' Seeds is a gangster... a terrible one... he shoves poppy bagels into his victims mouths instead of a gag...
                  2) He angered the Witch of the West, and she sent him through a poppy field, where Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem caught up with him...?
                  Very possible. Maybe the shirt is one of those things you notice in movies that seem inconsequential until you realize that the crazy homeless guys blanket was really a cape and the helmet is for protection from the minions of the vile 'Poppy' Seeds. So really crazy t-shirt guy is just Batman on a budget.

But the possibility that he's just insane from a Land of Oz Witch induced smack trip is also quite valid. The last muppets I'd want do deal with while on an involuntary opiate hallucination are the Electric Mayhem band. So the helmet is really there to keep Animal from eating his face off.

Comment

I'll tell you what. If that dude wears dentures I bet poppy seeds are his enemy !!
                    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      *giggles at Sarcastro's story* ^-.-^
                      Totally. And the last, matter-of-fact, probably-true statement: "Or maybe he's just nuts." Sarcastro, I love you.
                      Last edited by Food Lady; 10-04-2010, 01:20 AM.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        Totally. And the last, matter-of-fact, probably-true statement: "Or maybe he's just nuts." Sarcastro, I love you.
                        I love y'all too. With the job I have I either write weird responses to posts or eventually I'll BECOME crazy t-shirt guy. Since I'm a fan of bathing and not being feared I'll go with the latter.

Comment

Quoth Sarcastro View Post
                          I love y'all too. With the job I have I either write weird responses to posts or eventually I'll BECOME crazy t-shirt guy. Since I'm a fan of bathing and not being feared I'll go with the latter.
                          Since I'm a fan of weird responses to posts, I'll support your opting for the latter.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                          X