This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel free to not have any more children

As I was dropping off electronics' stuff to fill from autopull this morning, some trashy-looking woman with a crying toddler in her cart inflicted herself upon me, saying "I need your help."

I followed her over to the Payless Shoes department where the need for my presence became clear. Apparently the woman's...what word can I use here that won't get me into trouble? Hmmmm...brat, yeah' that's it.... managed to throw his toy up on top of a stack of shoe boxes stacked about 5 or 6 high on the top shelf, and was wailing like a fucking banshee because it didn't fall back down to him. So I had to go retrieve it to restore mommy's peace and quiet.

After schlepping to the backroom and returning with a ladder, I found the ladder wasn't quite tall enough to reach the toy, so I had to get a bigger one. Mommy helpfully suggested I stand the ladder on the basedecks and then climb up.

Umm, no. That would be unstable as all hell even if the ladder's bottom was wide enough, I'd fall, and then I'd be wailing even louder than your kid. Except I'd have a good reason.

So I came back with the bigger ladder and brought down the toy--some little stuffed dog thingy. Some slimy little stuffed dog thingy, so obviously this thing recently spent some time in the kid's mouth.

And did I get a thank you from the bitch for returning the little boy's only apparent source of happiness in this world? Would I really be making this post if I did?

Nope. I just got a "That took you long enough!" and just like that mother and child were off. Hopefully to have mother's tubes tied.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

You know, I was eating a very nice Gumbo that WAS in my mouth until...drat.

Comment

oh that sucks. people's rudeness never ceases to astound me.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Nope. I just got a "That took you long enough!" and just like that mother and child were off. Hopefully to have mother's tubes tied.
        Does the swamp have one of those quick clinics?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Too bad she didn't say that until she had the toy back ... You would have been perfectly justified in putting it right back where you found it, taking the ladder back to Storage, and evading her ~_~
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What a bitch.

Please explain why it's your problem that her brat was throwing the toy around like that?
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              "That took you long enough!"
              "And you are SO VERRRY WELCOME, ma'am! It's been such an absolute puh-leasure serving you and your charming little darling!! C U Next Time!!!" ☺

Yeah, I don't think I'd've been able to resist laying on the sarcasm with a steamshovel. I doubt Little Miss Ungrateful Self-Centered Bitch would comprehend it, though.
              Last edited by XCashier; 10-04-2010, 03:56 AM.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Oh, what a creep she was.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Pity you couldn't have thrown her up onto the top of the boxes.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                    Pity you couldn't have thrown up on her from on top of the boxes.
                    Edited for my amusement.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Edited for my amusement.
                      Edited and improved!
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

What a selfish cretin!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

God, I hate that. The least they could do is ****ing thank you. If those are the manners that lady has, is it any wonder her kid is wailing like a banshee because their precious stuffed mutt didn't magically fall back down to them?

What's really bad are the under 30-somethings with 4+ kids all under the age of 8. You get some real WINNERS there usually.

Comment

If lighning strikes twice, and she asks you to retreive her ...ummm....brat's toy for her on a future visit, you could pretend you don't see the toy and watch in utter glee as the woman preceeds to get her ears screamed off and gets a splitting headache! Bwah haha!!!

j/k.....or am I?

Comment

This is why, if your kid has a favorite toy, you buy a replacement just in case.

That kid must have quite the throwing arm.
                              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                              X