Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iliterate or aliterate? Does it even matter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iliterate or aliterate? Does it even matter?

So today is the first Wednesday of October, and thus Another Damn Senior Day, but the suck today did not involve seniors. It involved people wanting to jump the gun on Super Duper Uber Mega Super Stupendous Lowest Prices of the Season tomorrow. I personally received my copy of the flyer in the mail yesterday.

Some Old Guy: (clutching an LPS flyer) "Can I get this price on this crock pot here?"

Sorry, dear friend, but no. That sale does not start until tomorrow, as indicated on the front cover of the flyer. We'd be happy to see you again tomorrow, though. No problem at all, have a good day.

(Authors's note: on Another Damn Senior Day falling the day before LPS, we will offer senior citizen customers a choice: the LPS price on any item(s) in the flyer, or the 15% discount on the total purchase. But it is only one or the other. This may be more flexible than corporate would like us to be, but thus far they aren't raising any objections about it.) Moving right along....

Some woman in toys: (her LPS flyer open to a page of toys) "I don't suppose I could get this price today, could I?"

Sorry, but no. Those prices start tomorrow, as indicated by the "Sale starts Thursday October 7!" printed on the front page. Please visit us again tomorrow if you'd like to take advantage of that price. Thanks and have a good day.

Some guy:
    "You've got these bookcases on sale in your flyer. Can I get that price a day early? I'll make it worth your while..."

Okay, but only on one condition: you let me come to your job and gank a bunch of shit. And if you get fired, tough shit-ski. And if you get arrested and prosecuted because I convincingly make it look like you committed the thefts, at least the inmates in the county jail probably aren't interested in dressing you up in a wedding gown while Peaches the Unusually Large, who's awaiting trial for sodomy with Holstein cows, stares hungrily at you. As far as I know.

Otherwise, you must wait until tomorrow, just like everybody else, for those great prices. In which case feel free to drop by.

Another guy: "Where's these jeans you got on sale for $XX.xx?" (LPS price)

In mens. And you ain't getting that price today. Sale starts tomorrow as indicated by the big white letters on the bright pink background. Contrary to popular belief, our sales don't start the minute you get the flyer in your grubby mitts. Either start reading or visit the optometrist, which is conveniently located next to the pharmacy.

Some woman: These little hooded bath towels for kids are just the cutest! (Author's note: ) Can I get this sale price a day early?

GAAAGGGHHH! AAAAAGGGGHHH! MRRRRGGGGHHHHH! What the hell is wrong with you people!? Can't you read? Don't you read? Why do waste my time like this? Is it because reading through the flyer to find the starting date for the ad would take away from your time for drinking beer, burping the song "Tik Tok" while trying to keep down your brother's sperm, and then bumping uglies with him in his bombed-out El Camino on blocks in your front yard, and that just doesn't sound like a very good time budget to you? Was there just some kind of super secret nuclear testing I never found out about that made everybody here stupid? That's it, I'm going on break and coming back loaded.

And the nametag's so coming off.

Oh tomorrow is going to be such fun, I can tell.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 10-06-2010, 10:32 PM.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Isn't it funny? SC's don't care about dates. They ignore expiration dates, and they ignore dates when a sales promotion begins. Combine that with the fact their perception of time is 1 hour to our minute and a half, and you're dealing with the supernatural.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Oh, no, every single one of the read the flyer and every single one of them knew the date, too.

And every single one of them expected you to break the rules for their special snowflake asses because they obviously don't apply to them.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Oh, no, every single one of the read the flyer and every single one of them knew the date, too.

And every single one of them expected you to break the rules for their special snowflake asses because they obviously don't apply to them.

^-.-^
        Funny how people who are supposedly so speshul all want the same thing for similar reasons.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          GAAAGGGHHH! AAAAAGGGGHHH! MRRRRGGGGHHHHH! What the hell is wrong with you people!? Can't you read? Don't you read? Why do waste my time like this? Is it because reading through the flyer to find the starting date for the ad would take away from your time for drinking beer, burping the song "Tik Tok" while trying to keep down your brother's sperm, and then bumping uglies with him in his bombed-out El Camino on blocks in your front yard, and that just doesn't sound like a very good time budget to you? Was there just some kind of super secret nuclear testing I never found out about that made everybody here stupid? That's it, I'm going on break and coming back loaded.

And the nametag's so coming off.

Oh tomorrow is going to be such fun, I can tell.
          This part had me giggling

And I pity you, for Christmas season is right around the corner
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Honestly, you are special and unique. Just like everyone else is.

Comment

Some guy:
              "You've got these bookcases on sale in your flyer. Can I get that price a day early? I'll make it worth your while..."
              It's only worth my while if you're bribing me with an amount which, strangely enough, equals the regular price of the "sale" item. Tempting, isn't it.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

LMAO

You and Gravekeeper....headlining in Vegas...I can see it now.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh my Lord, Irv. I'm speechless. And feeling a little ill.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

See this is why I tell my cow-irker to not deliver the damn...certain store...ads early. Doesn't matter if we get them a week early...we do not deliver them fricken early.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Isn't it funny? SC's don't care about dates. They ignore expiration dates, and they ignore dates when a sales promotion begins. Combine that with the fact their perception of time is 1 hour to our minute and a half, and you're dealing with the supernatural.

For this, I love you.
                      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Okay, I may be stepping in front of a giant bull's-eye with a sign above it that says "Flame On!" but:

It seems like some, if not most, of the people in the OP just simply asked if they could get the sale price on that day. Since they mentioned getting the sale price "today" they are obviously aware that the sale doesn't start until tomorrow, and there's no harm in asking if maybe there's room in the policy to get the sale price early, since you know what it will be already.

I'm just thinking that, if it were me, and I had seen the flyer and happened to be in the store, or wasn't able to wait to buy whatever for some reason, I'd ask the cashier or a sales person, "Excuse me, but is it possible to get the sale price for this today?" If they said no, then so be it. But there's no harm in asking, right?

...right?
                        "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Comment

eh, true. But with how long he has worked there, he's probably been asked that question too many times to be counted. Combine that with Moon Unit, lazy cashiers, and him being the only brain for stock around there, OP (or IP), probably just loathes anyone trying to get a special way. As a saying goes, Once you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk. And so on.

Comment

"Can I get this price on this crack pipe here?"
                            i swear that's what i thought it said at first

but after reading the rest of the post.... it sounds like they were all a little out of their mind so maybe it's fitting?

been asked that question too many times to be counted.
                            and goodness knows how many people have chosen to argue after being told "no".

Comment

Some guy:[/B] "You've got these bookcases on sale in your flyer. Can I get that price a day early? I'll make it worth your while..."
                              Sure, as long as you pay me at least the difference between tomorrow's sale price and today's regular price.
                              Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X