This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open your eyes for heaven's sake

Guy's, first off, I am now off on one weeks holiday including a full weekend off! That never happens, we usually have to take the sunday of one week and the saturday of the next. I'll be doing a little of this

Anyway, my last shift was long but quite uneventful bar one incident. The store where I work has a pharmacy. It's not affiliated to us, they basically rent the space from us. So I was standing at the cigarette kiosk minding my own business when a woman comes up and throws a perscription at me.

SC: Fill this
    Me:
    SC: I need this right away
    Me: Sorry, the pharmacy is down to your right at the very end......this is a cigarette kiosk
    SC: Well go and get it for me!
    Me: The pharmacy is not part of *my store* we just lease the space to them
    SC: GO AND GET MY SCRIPT FOR ME!
    Me: Ok, firstly, don't shout at me, second I can't get your script, I am not a pharmacy employee, thirdly, you will have to get it yourself because I can't sign for it nor will I pay for it now the pharmacy is down to your right at the end.
    SC: storms off in a huff

What gets me is that she stood there yelling at me at the cigarette kiosk. There was a distinct lack of medication, people in white coats etc etc. What there was, was me in a bright green fleece, thousands of packets of cigarettes, sweeties etc etc....I think it's glasses she needs not medication....although..

But don't you know? You work retail, therefore you should be her slave in every way because after all - you work retail.

Comment

Even if the pharmacy WAS owned by the company you work for that is ridiculous!!

Geez lady........that is a definite moment!

Comment

Who's got the clue by four, because the woman needs it, badly.

Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You were way nicer than I would be. Of course, I was way nicer when I worked retail.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Maybe she wanted her prescription in cigarette form . . .
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Yeah, you should know better than that. I mean you're obviously an an employee of SOME company and you're standing NEAR the pharmacy. So just put two and two together and logically it's your responsibility to fill this lady's script.

Seriously tho, good job in keeping your cool.

Comment

I would have put a pack of cigarettes on top of her script and told her to take a chill pill.

Comment

Maybe the cigarettes were her prescriptions.
                  "You can try to control everything in your life or you can just let it go..."- Viggo Mortensen

Comment

How much do you want to bet it was for methadone and she's on a drug contract?

Loverly people, those.

Comment

I'm sorry.... did you say your name is, "Phyllis"?
                      "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                      -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
                      X