This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned Kitty

So on Wednesday, we had a guest leave a kitty in the room. We waited and waited, since we had no phone number for the SC, but eventually couldn't wait any longer. One of the housekeepers corralled the kitty, who was so terrified it just sort of attached itself to the housekeeper (fortunately, he's a cat guy), and Boss Man found a no-kill shelter to come pick it up.

SC had been seen loading up another kitty, so we wondered if she even realized she was missing one. But all week long, we never received any phone calls. She should have realized by now she was missing a cat!

Today, SC tried to check into a room. I recognized the name immediately. I pondered bringing up the cat, but I decided not to. I wanted to see if she'd bring it up.

SC was saying that "an older lady" told her we'd comp her a room, since she'd only been here an hour last time. (The last time, she'd spent the night and left her kitty!) I told her sorry, no, I had no record of anyone authorizing that. She tried one credit card, which was declined, and she then quickly left my office (but not before telling me one more time that she was told she'd have a comped room). Not once did she inquire about her lost cat.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Be happy for kitty. Sounds like it will end up with a much better family.

And woot for housekeeper! I love cat guys.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yes. That kitty has been taken to a better place.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Poor kitty, I hope it finds a really loving home. My kitty was a stray - she just turned up at the back of my store one day. She was so friendly it was obvious she had been a pet, but we couldn't find out who or where her owner was, so I said I'd take her home and then at least she'd be safe, warm and fed. That was back in February... she now rules the house.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I don't like cats, but I'm glad that the kitty is going to find a better home.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Poor kitty

I hope that s/he will be taken to a better home, one that would actually miss hir if s/he happened to go missing.

That lady makes me angry
            "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

What a JERK! My cats are my best friends, always have been. I know I turn into a squiddly puddle of tears if my cats go missing.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

actually, sounds to me like she left it behind deliberately. And by not mentioning it, you reaffirmed her belief that hotels don't remember who left what. so she may leave another behind if she stays again (& still has any cats)

Comment

I volunteer at my local no kill shelter, and it really gets to me sometimes how little some people care for animals. I have some stories... but I don't want to make anyone depressed.
                  Grr.

Comment

Some people are just so heartless. Glad the kitty will get a loving home.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
                      I volunteer at my local no kill shelter, and it really gets to me sometimes how little some people care for animals. I have some stories... but I don't want to make anyone depressed.
                      Grr.
                      I can only imagine. Three of my cats are shelter pets, adopted from the Helen Krause Foundation. They have some of the pets up for adoption listed on their site, along with their stories. Some were abused and some were abandoned. My big orange one was basically beaten within an inch of his life and left on their doorstep. They put a lot of work and a lot of time nursing him back to health, and despite what was done to him, he's one of the friendliest cats I ever knew. I guess they became attached to him, because when we took him, they looked like they were going to cry.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

wow, she just leaves the cat behind and doesn't notice this?? i freak out when my dogs get loose and i'd sure as hell know if i was missing one.

look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

*stares at Mike*
                          *jaw drops*
                          *anger rises*
                          HOW. DARE. ANYONE do that to a cat! (or anything else, for that matter)

I'm glad the cat has found such a good place to live now. But... GAH.

(Our latest twice-or-three-times-a-year animal finding happened recently. My husband found a gorgeous black and white kitten in our driveway. SO FRIENDLY. Yet another one we wanted to keep, but the shelter worker who came to pick her up was lovely.)
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

May that kitty be safe and happy, and find a house to rule with lots of cat-lovers and no dogs, and that monster of a person . . . well, I can't say it.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

It's better that that cat is somewhere safe now, at least it will hopefully find a nice forever home where it will be loved and get lots of ear scritchies.
                              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
                              X