Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got attacked by a Telekenetic Pyromaniac!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got attacked by a Telekenetic Pyromaniac!

Unfortunately, this isn't really a long one, but it is THE most insane thing I have ever seen in my 10 years of retail:

This past Saturday night, roughly an hour before closing someone set fire to our stuffed animals.

This guy was obviously whacked out on something, because what would be a sane reason for going into a toy store and setting the plush dogs ablaze.

The worst part was that I didn't notice anything right away, and I even missed the overhead announcement to evacuate the store. I was cashing out a co-worker at the time. I kind of smelled something, and I happened to look up as the firefighters were rushing in.

The best part though is that some customers had detained the guy who did it, and when the police got there, they asked him what he did.

And I quote:

"I started the blaze with my mind! You know, with my mind!"

He was cuffed and taken away, hopefully not to ever be seen again.

The worst part was the past three days of nothing but cleaning.

There was a news story about someone who didn't get their way and set some soft toys on fire not so long back. Maybe he'd heard of that and decided to do a copycat?

Rapscallion

Comment

Wow! I can only imagine the smell and the mess. The world is full of idiots.
      Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

I had a friend who got banned from KMart a while back. It seems his friends talked him into trying acid, had a bad trip, and was attacked by The Little Toaster That Could. In the back of his mind, he could tell himself that it was only the affects of the chemicals, but the front part of his mind was too busy beating the crap out of the toaster to pay any attention to it.

Comment

Does anyone know WHY he did it? Just because he COULD?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
            I had a friend who got banned from KMart a while back. It seems his friends talked him into trying acid, had a bad trip, and was attacked by The Little Toaster That Could. In the back of his mind, he could tell himself that it was only the affects of the chemicals, but the front part of his mind was too busy beating the crap out of the toaster to pay any attention to it.
            I have this awesome mental picture...
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Something similar happened at my store many years ago. Somebody set a rack of clothing on fire.

Made quite a mess also.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X