Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncle Khiras blows a gasket... (As always, vulger!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been working in hotels for about 9 years now and I still can't figure out how people think it's smart business for a hotel to not sell rooms. Yea, we keep our super secret block of rooms set aside, but we aren't allowed to sell them. They just sit empty on the off chance that YOU call. We're so happy you called us, we can finally use your special reserved room!

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Although I do enjoy your usual bouts of sarcasm, my favorite story was the military wife. I'm so happy for them having a wonderful weekend and glad you got such a nice thank you.
      My sentiments exactly.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
        I’m going to start a reservations movement called Serious Help In Timing. We will organize into bands and spread out across the nation, and then the world. Our dedicated teams of SHIT workers will move about, trying to educate the unwashed masses about the fact that, if they think a place might even remotely be popular over, say, a weekend just before a holiday, then maybe they ought to plan ahead for that! How thankful we all will be for the fact that, at my behest, we were able to fling SHIT across the entire world to educate people with, smearing the SHIT-truth across their blank faces, pounding it into their heads through their gaping, drooling maws.

SHIT-fo’-life, suckas!!!
        i'd like to join your Serious Help in Timing movement and have it extended to educating bosses who seem to think you alone can do a project in 3 hours that would realistically take 3 people 30 hours each to complete.
        there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

I'd like to join, as well. My immediate super needs some serious help with this...For example...

My boss (and, more directly, his office manager/GF) have been riding me to get more billable appointments. I managed to score a decent one today, and what were the first words out of her mouth? "Well, are you sure you'll have time to get this week's (NON-billable) marketing mailout done?" -- It took everything I had to explain to her that, as long as I have 4 hours uninterrupted to deal with the data file, the rest of it can be worked on pretty much at any time and still get done with time to spare...I was a full DAY ahead of schedule last week, and still she gives me shit. She's even tried to PREVENT me from doing a billable session because the marketing wasn't done yet (note: not yet DUE, just in progress) >_<
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We'll be holding a training seminar next month. Sign up now to attend SHITFEST!
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
              I wish I could hate you to death.
              That's what I call "I wish I could kill you with MIND BULLETS."

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
              Captain Douchebag
              "GIVE ME A DISCOUNT, OR I'LL F**KING SACK YOU! CAAAAPTAAAAINNN DOUCHEBAG!"

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
              If you call up a hotel for reservations, and you spend the entire conversation loudly belching directly into the phone every 20-30 seconds
              BOOMER!
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Re the Zucchini vs. the Cucumber....maybe the spines referred to the end of the zucchini?
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I just remember the yucchini horrors my mother fed us... they were hairy... we knew she hated us...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

A: Dear lord, I am amazed you haven't actually beaten anyone to death yet. With a fossil or otherwise. O.o

B:Minecraft ftw.
                    *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Quoth Duelist925 View Post
                      B:Minecraft ftw.
                      Yet more proof that gameplay is more important than graphics.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Awesome post. I was going to post the comments you had that made me laugh my ass off, but there were too many of them, so take that as a compliment!

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        they do website updates or PR releases about packages before making sure we’re ready to sell them.
                        I would suggest that you type up a much nicer version of this story and submit it to corporate with your next complaint about the web page guys. Because they are pretty much killing you by not coordination, and the head honchos really should do something to alleviate this problem.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        Me: I’m sorry ma’am, we are sold out on that day.
                        SC: You don’t have ANYTHING left?
                        That's generally what "sold out" means. Hell, that's exactly what "sold out" means. As in all of them are out, having been sold. None in. None available. There is nothing left. The pantry is bare. The shelves are empty. Zero, nada, zilch, nothing, that's it, kaput, NO MORE.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        a street address, with city and zip code is a requirement!
                        And just why is a zip code required if you are just trying to find the place? Unless you work for the post office or are mailing something to the place, a zip code is NOT required. Get off it, Mail Man Mike.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        One should be able to go to your website homepage and see the address and phone number clearly.
                        Which apparently everyone but you CAN.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        SC: So what are we going to do then?
                        WE are not going to do anything. KHIRAS going to go back to work, and YOU are going to go have to find alternate plans. If you're hoping for anything other than this, your hope is in vain.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        “That won’t happen, we hop on the phones.”

Over the course of the night, I received 132 more calls, each of which had an average wait time of 23 minutes overall (some waited longer, some didn’t). Why? Because no one else answered a single call. For four and a half hours. So, what does this tell me now?
                        That your managers are lazy hypocritical liars.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        SC: So if we came in at 11:30, could we just sit?
                        Hilarious. And of course, if you allowed that, they would then bitch that they weren't being served quickly enough, despite their reservation being at 12:30. This is not assumption on my part. This is experience.

I have actually seen it where, before a place I work at is open, we will have people at the doors, and every now and then, they will ask if they can "just come in and sit and wait" until we are open. Most of the time, intelligence prevails, and management or coworkers say no, but on the few times they have allowed this, almost EVERY SINGLE TIME the people then start acting very impatiently. "Are you open yet?" "Can we just get a drink while we're waiting?" "Can we just order now and you can put the order in when you're open?" Answers: No, we're not. No, because I am not done setting up the bar, which is what I am in the process of doing the hour before we are open. And no, because then you will bitch when it takes a while for you to get it, since neither the front of the house staff nor the kitchen are ready to start yet. Why aren't we ready? Because we're still setting up. Why are we still setting up? Because this is the time we use to set up, because.... (deep breath, wait for it).....WE AREN'T FUCKING OPEN YET.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        Me: They would not be open at 10am, they start serving at 12pm…although they are full for the entire day, every table already, it seems.
                        SC: But nothing at 10am?
                        Yes, dear. We actually do have an opening at 10 am for the restaurant that doesn't open until noon. You and your party are more than welcome to come fill that opening at 10 am. In the dumpster.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        SC: It’s my mother’s 70th birthday, can’t you squeeze her in at either place?
                        How about the broom closet? If she's not overly fat, we could probably squeeze her in there. The rest of your party is fucked, though.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        SC: But it’s her 70th birthday!
                        And for that you and your family should bend over backwards to make sure the old biddy has a wonderful day. But your expectations that anyone else will do the same are....what's the polite word for it....completely fucked.

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        zucchini are spiny
                        No. They're not. I eat them all the time, skin on. No spikes.

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                        how about those horny melons? those have some rather big spikes on them...
                        If you want something spikey, go for sea urchins. Nothing looks more painful than these things.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          If you want something spikey, go for sea urchins. Nothing looks more painful than these things.
                          Don't forget venemous, too. Bonus!

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            Don't forget venemous, too.
                            I did not know that. Only ever seen them at sushi restaurants. Pretty much the only seafood I've ever tried that I hate. (I am not fond of abalone, but because it has no taste, not a foul taste like urchin.) Great presentation, though, in those shells....but those shells would HURT.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Yet more proof that gameplay is more important than graphics.

^-.-^
                              Exactly! I'd much rather be building a giant 1:1 scale replica Enterprise (someone has actually done this, but not me) than working on my nano!
                              ...I said that last part outloud, didn't I?
                              *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Have you seen the replica globes people have done?

Some people have waaaaay too much time on their hands.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                                X