This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, bitch. That was uncalled for!

And work was going so well too. Then 5 minutes before my shift ends, this bitch happens.

Me: *Answering phone in usual spiel*
    SC: I have a reservation for tomorrow and I had a question about your fitness center.
    Me: Sure, what's the question?
    SC: Does your fitness room have an eliptical?
    Me: I'm not sure if it does. I'm not sure what an eliptical is, but if you could explain it to me I could check.
    SC: *describes machine* Also how old are the beds?
    Me: I'm not sure. I know we've had the same beds since I was here.
    SC: And how long is that?
    Me: A couple of years
    SC: And you don't know what an elpitical is? I doubt you've even been to a gym.
    Me (Did she just say I was fat? She's never seen me.)
    Me: (changing back to the bed subject) The beds are either 2 queens or 1 king.
    SC: No, what are the mattresses like?
    Me: I'm not sure I understand your question.
    SC: OMG! Are they soft hard? Have people complained about them?
    Me: No I haven't had any complaints. Now, give me 5 min and I can check our fitness room.

We hang up, but as I am wont to do with SC's, I always hit the hangup button with middle finger.

Ok, granted I'm not the skinniest person, but to make a comment like that has me seething.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

she certainly was cuntacular. damn, i didn't know what they were until a few years back, so don't feel bad.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

If I wasn't dating a gym nut (he loves to go and kill time there lol and was training to be a physical therapist) I'd not have a clue either hon.
      And as for the question: Lady, you worded your question SCREWED UP! I'm sorry I don't follow your damn logic. Try asking the question, NICELY another way, and maybe I'll give a flying fark. (Muahaha)

Comment

What a Bitchtato D<

Comment

That wasn't called for, on the consumer's part.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

No it wasn't, what sort of person is so insecure with their own bodies that they have to project that to someone they don't even know..over the PHONE? Rude...

Comment

It might just be me and of course I didn't hear the tone of the conversation, but from just the text I wouldn't assume she called you fat. A "I doubt you've ever be to a gym" might be a dig on someone's weight, but if it comes just after that person demonstrating they don't know too much about the names of gym equipment, I wouldn't take it as that.

Comment

*passes three shots of tequila in Hero's direction* I think you need those more than I do right now.

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                she certainly was cuntacular. damn, i didn't know what they were until a few years back, so don't feel bad.
                You're one-up on me, then. I'd never heard of an elliptical until two minutes ago.
                My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Quoth Festival_Worker View Post
                  It might just be me and of course I didn't hear the tone of the conversation, but from just the text I wouldn't assume she called you fat. A "I doubt you've ever be to a gym" might be a dig on someone's weight, but if it comes just after that person demonstrating they don't know too much about the names of gym equipment, I wouldn't take it as that.
                  I don't know how else to interpret "I doubt you've ever been to a gym" besides her calling me fat.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I really think that a good portion of the worlds population wake up and immediately think to themselves "I wonder who I can be a jerk to today."

“I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.”

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      I don't know how else to interpret "I doubt you've ever been to a gym" besides her calling me fat.
                      sounds more like implying you're lazy. Personally (I am fat, btw) I would just say (truthfully), 'for medical reasons, my doctor forbids me going to a gym, but I'd be happy to check that equipment for you."

But a more fun way is to put some ditz into your voice. "Oh I LOVE the gym! all those buff <insert preferred gender here> to watch while I use the machine dohickeys make it so much MORE fun than work!" (my ex-MIL was a ditz. so I can sometimes channel her and boy do I sound dumb <she wasnt dumb, just ditzy-different really>)

Comment

Quote:
                        Quoth Festival_Worker View Post
                        I agree with Festival_Worker, in that given the context (and not having the vocal cues) it doesn't sound like a comment about your weight at all, but just a statement following you saying you didn't recognize the equipment.

To twist it a little, if she had asked if your restaurant served Poutine, and you said you didn't know what that was but if she described it you could check the restaurant menu, and she had said "I doubt you've ever been to Quebec", it wouldn't be a poke that you are not french or anything like that.

Granted the rest of the conversation seems more than a little EWish, and that can set the overall tone negatively. But it's not necessarily a weight jab.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                          To twist it a little, if she had asked if your restaurant served Poutine, and you said you didn't know what that was but if she described it you could check the restaurant menu, and she had said "I doubt you've ever been to Quebec", it wouldn't be a poke that you are not french or anything like that.
                          I'm not sure the comparison is the same. There's usually not any negative implications for saying someone is not French, or any other nationality. But there certainly some negative implications when you say someone's never been to a gym. Add this to the woman's condescending tone throughout, and yeah.

Comment

She's a kengomayaBEEEYOTCH! *cookies for reference*
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post

<and in a later post>

There's usually not any negative implications for saying someone is not French, or any other nationality. But there certainly some negative implications when you say someone's never been to a gym.
                              I guess it may be a cultural thing.

To me, there's so many other ways to get/stay fit that 'going to a gym' is merely one option among many. To me, she may as well have said "I doubt you've ever played cricket" or "I doubt you've ever played Ultimate Frisbee" or "I doubt you've ever gone surfing".

But I didn't hear the tone of voice, and I'm not of the same culture. So I'm just offering up an option.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X