This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You canNOT return that!

This happened back in the days when I was working customer service on a regular basis.

A girl who I've had problems with before for trying to return items such as worn underwear and bras came up to my counter carrying something in a bag. Now, every time she's returned things before, I'd call a super and make sure I could take back something nasty like that, and the answer was always yes, but claims it out.

So anway this girl started to unwrap the thing in the bag and pulled it out. It was a used pregnancy test! She started to set the thing on the counter. Now, I don't even like shoes that have been worn on my counter, so I freaked out over this. The conversation went as follows.

Me: "Don't put that thing on there!" I was too shocked to be polite about this.

SC: *Looks surprised, but didn't put it on my counter* "I need to return this."

Me: "We don't return those."

SC: "You don't? Can you get a manager?"

Me: "No, we don't return those. You need to contact the company if you have a problem."

The customer left after that, but my gosh, I swear she would return a condom if she got pregnant. I didn't ask what was wrong with it, and frankly, I didn't care at the time. Looking back, however, I'd like to know why she would do that.

That is quite disturbing. It's like trying to return a depends saying it didn't work. Gross. I can't believe she didn't see what was so wrong with that... Yikes.

Comment

Eww...
      Much ewwness...
      You must have some SERIOUS cojones to try and return something like that! Either that, or her logic circuit is fried...
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Big fat Ughhhhh....yechh...gag..don't blame ya a bit
        "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

sadly i had the same thing happen to me. This young women (early to mid 20's) came with a used pregnacy test trying to get a return. It was Gross.
          Luckly the supervioser never took it back

but they have made me take back such gross things as:
          - used underwear
          - clothes that were used and you could see stains on it
          - bedsheets with "hair" all over it
          - rugs that are so dirty the manager told use to use bags when touching them
          - 1/2 eaten bottle of food that was over 2 months old
          - pretty much everything that has been used.

Comment

If memory serves, Ree had someone return a used pregnancy test in a huff - it was thrown onto the counter and splashed.

Rapscallion

Comment

I weep for humanity!

"I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I had a girl try and return some condoms once...not used thankfully. Reason? Her BF bought the "Magnums" and she claimed they were too big. Whats funny is she had dragged the poor little guy along to the store with her. I wanted to say maybe you just need a new BF...here's my #
                But since I valued my job(at the time)...I called the MOD and she told me to take them back..although as soon as she left we laughed so hard we cried.

But a used pregnancy test? Wow. A new low.
                If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

I forgot my best (for a given value of best) one...

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=2244&

Rapscallion

Comment

BusBus takes her bagel and cup of coffee and sits down in front of the computer. "Hmm", she thinks, " I have a little extra time. Why don't I check out CS.com while I am eating my breakfast". Little did she know....

Man, that's sick. You really have to have balls/ovaries of steel to pull stuff like off.
                    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

My infinate supply of Brain Bleach™® is starting to run dangerously low.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm praying that the test results were negative.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I'm with wagegoth on this one. Lets hope for the sake of the future of humanity that the test was negative!
                          Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                            I'm praying that the test results were negative.
                            With our luck it's probably positive. But damn that is nasty,we had a person try and return a used diabetes testing kit that had blood in it. Apparantly they've tried it before this time too.

Comment

Quoth GayleShy View Post
                              The customer left after that, but my gosh, I swear she would return a condom if she got pregnant. I didn't ask what was wrong with it, and frankly, I didn't care at the time. Looking back, however, I'd like to know why she would do that.
                              She got a positive (preggers) result when she couldn't possibly be pregnant?
                              ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                              X