This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 'SC senses' are tingling

So we at the autocenter just recently to prepare for the winter is going to start carrying snow chains for customers. And I feel some suckyness upon us this season cause of it. >.<

Heres a little back story: Snow chains are sold at certain autocenters nationwide, not all of them have them, course it all factors down to location. Since we are in California it obviously doesn't snow much here but does in the sierra (Lake Tahoe, Big Sur, etc) So around this season we get alot of phone inquiries whether or not we carry snow chains for those who are going to trek it out there for the season.

Our stores in the bay area in the past used to carry snow chains way back, but then stopped for whatever reason and now this season they are bringing them back to us I wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't for the following.

ALL SALES OF SNOW CHAINS ARE FINAL!!!
    And of course in the past we have had our share of SC's trying to return them and make a fuss bout it, where they purchased them at stores that did carry them and they tried to return it with us.

"I never used them!" - when clearly it shows they have

"It does not say that on your receipt!" - Yes but it does say that select items and policy do not reflect on certain items and if we do happen to return them, they are subject to a 15% restocking fee.

The plus side is that the snow chains are packaged with a zip tie box which needs to be cut before one can open the box, which really makes the final sale clear.

But I am just feeling inside cause I forsee the issues that are soon to arise.
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

only thing i can suggest is verbally pointing out to them that the sales are final.
    though yeah... if they don't read the receipts they won't listen either
    or they'll think that it doesn't - or shouldn't - apply to them because they're "special"

Comment

Well, you can always remind them that the CHP will sell them chains on the spot if there's snow in the passes . . . and since you never know what the weather will be like, it's a good idea to keep a set handy.

Donner Party anyone?
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I do with blood test supplies. I always say "Oh, by the way, these are non-returnable."

It might help a little bit. :P
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

http://lafinjack.net/images/comicz/d...ommonsense.jpg

c'mon now, people will try to return anything if they only need it for less than 6months of the year. they think we are rental outlets, not retail stores.
          Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Working...
          X