Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fragrance Stalker is coming to get you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fragrance Stalker is coming to get you!

I have this strange ability to go very silent when I approach someone to greet them. I walk heel to toe so they do not hear me. Has made for some jumps but otherwise nothing else.
    Just yesterday though I had the strangest man in my area.
    I was beginning ringing up a woman who was spanish speaking and still undecided on her purchase, I was showing her the price after taxes and showing her our credit deal (gotta sell those credits )
    My register is in a bay as must department store counters are, to my left was the exit to the mall, and also a man in a black sweater standing about and looking at the cologne. I was fine with that.
    The woman was still not sure on the pricing and reading the brochure so when another customer appears from the left of my bay asking for a tester I go to help him while she reads. I get the tester for him, now the man in the sweater is to my right in the same place he was before.
    When I go to check on the woman she has vanished, thinking she just wandered elsewhere among the 4 fragrance counters I exit and do a quick search. She was gone but then as I turned around the man in the sweater was now halfway in the aisle between all 4 counters and looking at me. I give a smile and nod to him as I return, he walks back to his original spot.
    I ask him if he needs anything or a tester brought up for him to try before to get back with the customer I started showing a tester to before.
    Then comes this weird look "Why are you Following me?"
    "Um, I was just asking if you wanted to try anything.."
    he just walked off looking kindof aloof, I just shrugged to the other customer as he commented I didn't do a thing and wasn't following that guy. Just...weird.

Quoth FrancisWyvern View Post
    I have this strange ability to go very silent when I approach someone to greet them.
    Weird, I have that ability too. I mainly use it to sneak up on ticklish friends though
    That customer who accused you of following him was a bit strange. Although, then again, I've had people accuse me of following them when walking in the opposite direction to them in a supermarket aisle
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Same talent here, tho you'd never guess it from my size >_>

The weird thing is, my ninja stealth powers only seem to work when I am *not* trying to use them -- If I am intentionally trying to sneak up on somebody, they'll notice me from ten yards away. If I am just walking up to someone from behind without trying to be sneaky, they generally don't notice until I'm close enough to breathe down their neck o_O
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I, too, am part ninja. People are always commenting on my ability to move so quietly for a big guy. I, too, use it for mischief, to spook coworkers, mostly.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

hehe many a time I have walked up to a customer without even knowing I was being silent and made them jump when I finally greet them. Can tell if they are up to something by how much they jump.

I would have understood If I did that to this guy but I was in full view of him the whole time and just strolling not following him.

Comment

Was he stealing something? I'll admit that I am not stealthlike, so people see me coming from a mile away. When people ask me that question, it's usually because they're opening something they shouldn't be or trying to pocket something.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I actually, for a short period, wore bells on my shoes so I wouldn't sneak up on a particular coworker, as she had a tendency to jump and SCREAM when she was surprised...
              I distinctly remember managing to 'sneak up' on her four times with bells on my shoes... I am apparently a reincarnated ninja...
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I am partially deaf, so anyone can sneak up on me. And I do jump. And sometimes squeal like a girl.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                X