Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable Conundrums - Damn you for telling me that!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Conundrums - Damn you for telling me that!

C: When was the last time I made a payment on this account?
    Me: Three months ago.
    C: Dammit and damn you for telling me that! I’m an idiot!! Now I have to go eat some crow!!

C: Hey, turn my service back on & then I’ll make the payment.
    Me: You must pay the bill first.
    C: You don’t understand plain English, do you girl? Get me your supervisor!

C: My remote won’t work.
    Me: I can help you program the remote control.
    C: But I’m left-handed.

C: I need an earlier appointment to fix my TV.
    Me: I apologize, there are no earlier appointments.
    C: Bye Dumbass!
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Yep have had each one of those at some point...except I wasn't called a girl, they did get that much right.these folks really make me miss drinking...
    I love my customers to death, the problem is they aren't dying quick enough.

Comment

Quoth tenzilkem View Post
      Yep have had each one of those at some point...except I wasn't called a girl, they did get that much right.these folks really make me miss drinking...
      I have them call me "sir" sometimes too & though I have a low speaking voice, I don't sound like a guy. Well, to most ppl apparently.

Comment

Mine can be down right gutteral so I try to lighten it up. Heaven help em if I have sinus issues my voice goes from sounding baritone to James Earl Jones!

Comment

Heaven help em if I have sinus issues my voice goes from sounding baritone to James Earl Jones!
          I gotta respect someone who sounds like Vader. I won't be mean to that person! Some ppl, however, are clearly fools.

Comment

As long as they never call me Master Vader....

Comment

C: Hey, turn my service back on & then I’ll make the payment.
              Me: You must pay the bill first.
              C: You don’t understand plain English, do you girl? Get me your supervisor!
              nor do you, sir; that's not how the system works. first, you PAY YOUR BILL. then we restore your service. have a nice day. *click*

if only...
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Huh. Now I fully acknowledge that there are a lot of things that are more difficult for lefties to do [I should know, I am one ], but...programming a remote? Really?
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Urg. This is giving me unpleasent flashbacks....ahhhg. Whyyyyy do these people exist. I swear, I will become rich the day I figure out how to punch people over the phone.
                  *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                    Huh. Now I fully acknowledge that there are a lot of things that are more difficult for lefties to do [I should know, I am one ], but...programming a remote? Really?
                    I'm with you Eisa. Us lefties (left handed, not left wing, take that to fratching) are going to rule the world... eventually.

C.
                    Nothing in this world will ever be truly idiot-proof as long as they keep making more effective idiots... -EricKei

Comment

You really got some winners this time around, didn't you?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                        You really got some whiners this time around, didn't you?
                        Edited for accuracy (and my amusement.)

Should have offered some cheese and crackers to go with their whine . . . they're already fruity enough.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Muahahah. Use the voice!
                          you never know just how well it might work on someone.

Comment

Quoth Duelist925 View Post
                            ...I swear, I will become rich the day I figure out how to punch people over the phone.
                            I really believe that. It's a skill I would pay much to learn.
                            I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

That's because "Master" is a Jedi title. No self respecting Sith wants to be referred to as "Master" (unless by a student they're teaching). The proper title is "Lord." So, would "Lord Vader" be acceptable to you?

Fark, I'm a nerd. ph34r m3!

Quoth Eisa View Post
                              Not only that, but a lot of "lefty" equpiment really sucks. Anyone else remember the craptastic "lefty scissors" in grade school? To this day, I cut right-handed even thought most modern scissors can be used either way.

Lefties will rule the world some day. We're the only ones in our right minds, after all.
                              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                              X