This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You get what you pay for...

Heard a funny story yesterday from a friend of mine who owns a window installation company.

He had a young, brash fellow finishing up a job at a woman's house a couple of weeks ago. Good worker, but not very "diplomatic" with customers. Everything was going fine, though, until the guy was just about done the job and the woman started complaining about something minor, like a piece of weather stripping or flashing or some such thing.

This conversation is second hand, of course, but reasonably accurate:

AW: Annoying woman

OH: Our hero

AW: I'm not satisfied with your work.

OH: What?

AW: I'm only paying you for half of it. That should be enough to cover your material and labour.

OH: Oh... okay.

The windows the guy was installing are the kind where you can unlock them and actually take the entire panel out for cleaning or replacement. So he went around to every window he'd installed and removed the bottom panels from them and put them in his truck.

OH: If you're only paying for half the job then you're only getting half the windows.

AW: WHAAAAAAAAAA!!?!?!11!!

And the kid drove off.

The woman called my friend, livid, and it took Kevin all of his willpower to not laugh in her face. He finally smoothed things over and took the window panels back himself and the woman agreed to pay the full amount.

He later yelled at the guy for his less-than-diplomatic approach, but finally couldn't contain himself any more and burst out laughing. He told the kid not to do it again and to call him if he had a problem with a customer.

We all had a good laugh about it yesterday. I've got to give the kid kudos for thinking outside the box, so to speak.

I think if we started doing that to everyone who acts that way then more would get accomplished and maybe people would learn to not behave that way??
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

If only we could have seen her face. That's a smart kid, he should get a promotion!

Comment

Best most satisfying solution EVER!

Comment

i agree; only paying for half? then you get only half; he needs a pay raise and a promotion.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Kid deserves a promotion, IMHO. Love the response.
            Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

I'm curious what the temperature was outside. Around here it's been in the 30's (stateside), so that lesson would have dug itself in quite well.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

There's on word for that: Victory!
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

That kid is full of win. He should be a manager somewhere so he could teach others how it should be done.
                  Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

My hero!

Comment

That guy is the living personification of Chutzpah!

Granted, he could've been more diplomatic, or called the boss and let him handle it, but some people do need a metaphorical (if not literal) kick in the ass, and she certainly did.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Give that kid a raise!!!!!!!!!!!
                        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Epic PWNAGE.

Bra-fragging-vo!
                          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

That kicks ass! The world needs more people like him in business!

"We're not worthy!"
                            Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                              I think if we started doing that to everyone who acts that way then more would get accomplished and maybe people would learn to not behave that way??

QFT!!!! We need to clone this kid.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X