X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustard-Loving A-Hole & Today is Not P-Day

Today is Not P-Day

"P-Day" being the term used at the store for the day a certain former governor did a book signing stop at our store.

I was approached by two separate customers today asking "where's the book signing?" They specifically mentioned said governor's name. I just stared at them and said there was no such thing. Well, no, they said, "it's on the website." (Whose website? The ex-governor or ours? Don't know, they didn't say which.) I told them, "The last time <governor> was here was last year." Well, no, it's for the governor's new book.

I flatly told both customers there was no book signing at our store, that whatever information they'd received was wrong or inaccurate. The first customer accepted this and left. The second customer seemed to accept it, but they gave me this look that suggested "I don't believe you, you must be a <opposing political party> and lying to me to spite me."

Mustard-Loving A-Hole

While I was on break, I decided to buy a pretzel at the food court. The Mustard Fancier (MF) was in line ahead of me, also buying pretzels. As he was paying, he asked Food Court Lady GC for a cup to put his mustard in. GC had to tell MF that she has no such cups available. (Which is true. Closest thing the store has are the sample cups that the Demo department uses, which Food Court is not allowed to use. Don't ask me, it's the Word of Corporate.)

So MF asks for one of the Dippin' Dots cups instead. But GC isn't allowed to give those out either. Nor can she give him one of the coffee cups, which was his next request. And MF gets angry at this. "Why can't you give me one? It's not like they're gonna inventory them!" But GC holds firm. "I oughta go back to Florida, they understand what customer service is," MF says, not quite under his breath, as he finishes paying. I speak up at this point, and say, "You can put the mustard in the soda lids. A lot of our customers do that for their pretzels." (Again, don't ask me why this is okay by Corporate and not coffee cups.)

Well, MF just heads off toward the condiments anyway. As I'm paying, I see him look at the coffee stirrers. These have been placed in a stack of two coffee cups. MF takes the bottom cup off the stack and fills it with mustard anyway. I surreptitiously inform GC of this, and she just rolls her eyes.

As I sit down to eat my pretzel, I can hear MF muttering to himself, just audible enough to be heard by GC and myself: "fucking rude" and "should go back to Florida, don't have to deal with this bullshit." Then he takes the other cup, dumps the coffee stirrers in the trash, and fills it with ketchup before he leaves.

GC and I (as well as Hoss, who was covering my break at the door) glared at his back as he left. Sure, dump the coffee stirrers, asshole, because they're not gonna inventory those, right?

Sorry, MF, but do you work for this store? Are you a member of Corporate? No? Then how the FUCK would you know what we will and will not inventory? By all means, go back to Florida, take your attitude with you, and go DIAF.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

What an ass!

"I'll show them. Won't give me a cup, eh? Well, I'll just find something to throw away and waste. That'll show 'em!"

How childish. Moron probably doesn't know that the cups cost more than the drinks themselves.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      Today is Not P-Day

"P-Day" being the term used at the store for the day a certain former governor did a book signing stop at our store.

I was approached by two separate customers today asking "where's the book signing?" They specifically mentioned said governor's name. I just stared at them and said there was no such thing. Well, no, they said, "it's on the website." (Whose website? The ex-governor or ours? Don't know, they didn't say which.) I told them, "The last time <governor> was here was last year." Well, no, it's for the governor's new book.

I flatly told both customers there was no book signing at our store, that whatever information they'd received was wrong or inaccurate. The first customer accepted this and left. The second customer seemed to accept it, but they gave me this look that suggested "I don't believe you, you must be a <opposing political party> and lying to me to spite me."
      Only 1 year late for the book signing I see.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
        Only 1 year late for the book signing I see.
        Bet they nailed the "Dollar Short" achievement too.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

soooo tell corporate that due to their STUPID policy of not handing out what? a 2 cent cup or something, they now have to shell out about $1 or more for wasted materials.

yeah the guy acted juvenile but i can understand the frustration.

Comment

He's at the top of the list for the creep of the day.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

The joke's on Mustard Guy. I can't imagine how many people have stuck their fingers in those cups to get coffee stirrers, and kids are prone to sticking their grubby fingers in everything. It's like the time an SC didn't want to wait in line at my store. He grabbed one of our dusty display slushie cups and filled it up. We just let him have it and replaced it with a shiny new clean cup.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That cup may well have been there for years. Joke's on him.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  That cup may well have been there for years. Joke's on him.
                  Mineral enriched.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth The Electric Fetus View Post
                    soooo tell corporate that due to their STUPID policy of not handing out what? a 2 cent cup or something, they now have to shell out about $1 or more for wasted materials.

It would behoove corporate to have something out for the customers to put condiments in, even those tiny little paper ketchup cups like Arby's has. If it's the same place I'm thinking it is, there is a comment box right by the exit door where such a thing can be requested, or as you said, contact corporate.

Taking it out on the employees isn't nice, though. I'm sure they're just as irritated by the rules as the customers are, and they certainly don't appreciate being yelled at for a corporate decision, or having to clean up after a sucktomer has a messy temper tantrum like this idiot did.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth The Electric Fetus View Post

I know from my years working at the C-Store, corp. determines the amount of drinks we sell, by how many cups we've sold. We would have 12oz. sample cups, and 12oz. coffee cups.

Still can't understand that
                      And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Mineral enriched.
                        So does that make him an Entitlement Ore?
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Odd tastes for odd ducks

Ketchup? On a pretzel? Ew.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                            So does that make him an Entitlement Ore?

Son of a bitch!

Seriously, it's people like that who waste things...and then come back later and bitch when the prices go up
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Is it wrong that my thought was: "well at least he threw the coffee stirrers in the trash, and didn't just leave them scattered about the condiment area"?
                              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                              X