Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60" Vanity in a shopping cart...am I missing something?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60" Vanity in a shopping cart...am I missing something?

I can't tell you how many morons come into my store, knowing they want a vanity, and a top, and a toilet, and a faucet...with only a measely shopping cart. Right next to the shopping carts there are the flat bed carts, and the various lumber carts...all of which are ideal...but no, the brain surgeons go right around these. I wonder sometimes if they think I'm going to strap their items to my back and haul them to the register cooley boy fashion.
    Shut up and jump.

Where I used to work they would keep all the dollies and larger, heavy duty carts in the back most of the time... if a customer needed one they would have to talk to an employee who would get it out of the back. Then when they get to the till, they aren't allowed to take the cart our without an employee present... so I have to explain to them that they can't leave until seasonal picks up their phones (which, knowing seasonal, could be anywhere from 5 seconds to three hours)

EDIT: Of course, it's me responsibility to keep them inside even though I can't help them or stop them from leaving, and sometimes everyone is busy. Then the department gets pissed at me for telling them what to do and disturbing them when they're busy...
    free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

That's the same kind of thinking (or lack thereof) that prompts people to purchase a big-screen TV or huge furniture item and show up with a small car to pick it up.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

there is always the geniouses(sp?) that show up with a VW Polo or a Toyota Yaris, and want to get a washing machine in the back of it...
        thankfully, many of the norwegian shops, actually offers you to borrow a wagon to attach to the back of your car, i forgot the english word for them.... and some offers a truck driver to actually drive it home to you.
        Rawr

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          That's the same kind of thinking (or lack thereof) that prompts people to purchase a big-screen TV or huge furniture item and show up with a small car to pick it up.
          ...and then set at the side of the road bitching a blue streak when they feel it slip off the roof at 70MPH on the interstate.

Then they load it back up, take it back to the store and blame you for not helping them tie it down properly.
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

thankfully, many of the norwegian shops, actually offers you to borrow a wagon to attach to the back of your car, i forgot the english word for them.... and some offers a truck driver to actually drive it home to you.
            I think you mean a "trailer"

...and then set at the side of the road bitching a blue streak when they feel it slip off the roof at 70MPH on the interstate.

Then they load it back up, take it back to the store and blame you for not helping them tie it down properly.
            I'd like to direct your attention to this post by Repsac, about something that happened at his store. Please make sure you are not eating or drinking anything while reading:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...5&postcount=12
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'd like to direct your attention to this post by Repsac, about something that happened at his store. Please make sure you are not eating or drinking anything while reading:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...5&postcount=12
              I had something like that similar happen to me last year. It wasn't in *my* car, but someone else's. Some idiot lost their load on I-79, and nearly caused a huge accident. Imagine my surprise when it flew out of a truck, two cars ahead of me Guy in front of me nailed the brakes, and I had to do the same. I literally stood my grandmother's Olds on its nose trying to stop! Trust me, I gave the ABS a *serious* workout that afternoon! The truck didn't even stop, and the grill sat along the roadside for months until it was finally removed.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Heh, I think this story will always be the king:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp

I apologize for the off-site link. I think this story was here once-upon a time, but that was many moons and many site hacks ago.
                Check out my webcomic!

Comment

This past weekend, a friend ("friend") and I happened into a store that sells furniture. I found several large pieces I rather liked. Unfortunately, she has a car she considers small.

My thought: We can make this work if we try hard enough.

Her thought: It would make a story for customerssuck.com.

That's a true story.
                  I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

TNT, I would like more details, please.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      TNT, I would like more details, please.
                      Nothing more really to tell... I still think that a dining room set, hutch and rolltop desk can fit into a Hyundai if you know what you're doing, but I kept my opinion to myself.
                      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                        Nothing more really to tell... I still think that a dining room set, hutch and rolltop desk can fit into a Hyundai if you know what you're doing, but I kept my opinion to myself.
                        It will....if you shop at IKEA :P Two weeks ago, I not only got a bookcase into the little Mazda...but a CD/DVD cabinet as well. Gotta love how they package furniture.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          It will....if you shop at IKEA :P Two weeks ago, I not only got a bookcase into the little Mazda...but a CD/DVD cabinet as well. Gotta love how they package furniture.
                          Yeah, if only they actually drilled all the holes in all the pieces! My bed took my boyfriend and I nearly three hours to put together because they had forgotten a bunch of holes for screws, and I don't own a drill or electric screwdriver LOL
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Just because you own a big vehicle, doesn't guarantee easy access
                            Dodge Ram Van. 35" TV. BARELY fit (Maybe I should've removed the middle seats) It's me and a coworker. We each weigh 130 pounds. The TV weighs much more than that.

What a sad day for geekdom. Two skinny, pasty teens trying to get a 35" TV into an apartment.
                            I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                            less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Working...
                            X