This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten hours to go...

I was counting test strips behind the pharmacy counter this morning once they opened at 9am. I got to overhear the drive-up customer trying to get a prescription with Indiana Medicaid (here in Ohio) and the dude didn't understand why he couldn't get his whatever. Then some other guy came up to the counter and the pharmacist on duty was trying to explain to him why he couldn't take four different cough medicines simultaneously, and he didn't understand. So right after he left, she answered the phone and immediately got put on hold, so she hung up. She looked at me and the tech and said, All this has happened in less than ten minutes, and we still have ten hours to go.

Oh, it gets better. Later in my shift I was doing something in HBC and heard that a couple of men got into a scuffle/shouting match (depends on who you talked to) because apparently, Man1 cut off Man2 in the parking lot, stole "his" space, and in the process splashed a lot of dirty parking lot slush onto Man2's car. They argued in the parking lot and got broken up, happened upon one another by the pharmacy later on and it was ON. Wow.

I went home after that, so hopefully things quieted down after that. We were slamming busy again today.

How old were these guys? Old enough to know better, I bet.

Makes me proud to be an Ohioan. Ugh.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

How old were these guys? Old enough to know better, I bet.

Makes me proud to be an Ohioan. Ugh.
      I don't know. I was trying to get those damned strips counted. I had the impression that the man in drive-up was older (I tried to stand back while they were talking, didn't want to violate any HIPAA rules). I didn't see the cough syrup guy. The pharmacist seemed to think he was way old enough to know better.

I love being from Ohio. My husband wants to move to Arizona, but he can do so without me. Hopefully sooner than later, I can go back home and away from the city. I'm tired of being here.

Comment

FOUR cough syrups at once?? I can't even take one without getting sick, plus they never do any good anyway.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Maybe he wants a ton of cough syrup so he can mix a Flaming Moe.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Here we recently had one killed by another man when they wer scuffling about a parking lot. Granted, the one killed was pushed and felt so badly that he hit his head onto the border killing him.

But I wonder what's with people and arguing so strongly over a parking lot?

Comment

Working...
            X