This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We what?

Got in for my shift today, worked about half an hour before the closing front end manager came over to talk to me.
    "Hey, Juwl, did you hear about our homeless guy?"
    J: *blink, blink* "No...?"
    "Well, come over here..."
    She leads me over by the door and starts talking just barely over a whisper. Apparently, we have a homeless guy living in our family restroom next to the coffee shop. He's been in there the past few weeks after the store closes. She gave me a very brief description and asked if it sounded familiar?
    J: "It's possible..."
    "If you see him, call a manager."
    J: "K..."

As soon as she said that, a customer who had been in a week ago came scootering over and handed me a twenty dollar bill. "Merry Christmas, Juwl," she said.
    "Merry Christmas," and as she scooted away, I turned back to manager, and continued, "Charlie Brown."
    "What was that all about?"
    "She was in last week, and commented on my socks, and how she wanted to buy me some real socks for Christmas. I mentioned I only really like low rise socks, and then told her my foot size, cause she asked, and she said she would either buy me some low rise socks or she'd give me the money to go buy some myself."
    And since we're allowed to keep tips, per union rules...

Night manager filled me in a little bit more later on, and told me the night stock crew are going to patrol that hallway to check if the door is locked, and if it is, they'll call police on him.
    "I call murder on that!"

Well, it sounds like you do have some wonderful customers that appreciate you!
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X