This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised you managed to dial our number

You guys know I deal with idiots all day. This one took the cake. I did NOT exaggerate (I never do...it's sad too). This was the convo in a nutshell.

Customer: What is my address?
    Me: Your name, please?
    Customer: Joan Johnson.
    Me: OK, on 180 Jones Lane?
    Customer: Well, I can’t find my house.
    Me: What?
    Customer: Do you know how the house numbers run?
    Me: No, mam.
    Customer: Can you tell me how the house numbers run out here?
    Me: Mam, I don’t have that information.
    Customer: I don’t know where I live!
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Then I guess she doesn't need your service anymore and you should cancel her account.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

"Well, look on the bright side PJ, your customers surely can't get any stupider!" The CSers comforted PJ. "Clearly you have seen the bottom of the barrel in customer idiocy! It can only go up from here."

And so they laughed and joked. But little do they know that one person heard this statement, and decided to prove them all wrong.

"I'll take that challenge!" She says as she rises triumphantly from the dredges of sucky customers. She then proceeded to blow them out of the water with her utter lack of any kind of mental capacity. Legends spoke of her for years, children sang songs about her. For she was the chosen one...the one that would destroy all other preconceived notions of stupidity!

Seriously, I think my IQ lowered by 50 points reading that, and 5 years were shaved off of my life from the sheer idiocy
      Stop driving me insane, I'm already within walking distance!

Comment

I'm telling you, these customers wear me out sometimes! RAAAR!!

Comment

guess who doesn't have custody of the family brain today...
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

People don't know where they live, what color their house is, etc., etc, etc., but they somehow still manage to have enough braincells to call poor PJ. :comforting pats: there, there™®

I would only think that you would try to exaggerate a bit to make these people seem SMARTER...
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

chained...I'm thinking they don't even let her TOUCH the family brain!

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
                People don't know where they live, what color their house is, etc., etc, etc., but they somehow still manage to have enough braincells to call poor PJ. :comforting pats: there, there™®...
                You're far too kind! You'd think these ppl would have phones taken away from them!

Comment

good point, pj; she'd only break it and then what would they do??
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Although once she had the address, it should be really easy to find out what way the numbers go (just look at the other numbers on the houses, if they are going up and are past your house already, turn around.) I actually have forgotten how to get to where I lived, and ended up ringing the bell at the fire station and asking them how to get home. (didn't have a problem with numbers because it was a one block street with 4 homes on it, and I at least knew that mine was the first one on the right. I also couldn't remember the number and it was 2)

Titi, (who whose brain will take a vacation every so often, and not tell her.)

Comment

Eep. You always get real winners PJ. I certainly hope Joan isn't let out of the house unsupervised, though knowing SCs....she'll probably blame poor PJ for not getting service.

Comment

*Rubs eyes, reads it again.* Yep, that's what I thought it said. That woman doesn't so much come from a gene pool, but a gene puddle that is quickly drying up!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Okay, since we are on a thread about stupid callers, I must relay one from the only phone job I ever had. I was a customer service rep for a 1-800-MAJOR HOTEL CHAIN number. And lord knows I got many stupid calls. But probably the dumbest was a guy who called from one of our hotels somewhere on the east coast and told me his light bulb in his room was out. "Umm, what?" His light bulb blew, and he wanted me to come get him a new bulb. Which led to this amazingly restrained and diplomatic response (at least I think so) from me:

"Sir, this is the 1-800 line for reservations for MAJOR HOTEL CHAIN. I am not actually IN your hotel. Actually, I am nowhere near your hotel, as I am in Phoenix, Arizona. However, if you hang up with me and dial zero for the front desk of the hotel you are at, I am sure they will be more than happy to assist you with the light bulb."

Yes, he dialed 1-800-MAJOR HOTEL CHAIN rather than just 0 for a freakin' light bulb.

No, I could not answer calls for a few minutes after that, as I was busy laughing my ass and several other body parts off.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jaden
                            "Well, look on the bright side PJ, your customers surely can't get any stupider!" The CSers comforted PJ. "Clearly you have seen the bottom of the barrel in customer idiocy! It can only go up from here."
                            Oh no, no, no! Just when you think you've heard the stupidest thing you've ever heard, Darwin comes along and breeds a better idiot who will turn your brain into a quivering blob of neurons quietly sobbing in the corner of your skull.

There is always a better idiot

Mongo
                            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire
                              Oh no, no, no! Just when you think you've heard the stupidest thing you've ever heard, Darwin comes along and breeds a better idiot who will turn your brain into a quivering blob of neurons quietly sobbing in the corner of your skull.

There is always a better idiot

Mongo
                              Hmm, trying to remember something I heard once, something like "Never claim something is idiot-proof, it's just a challenge to nature to make a bigger idiot." Something like that.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X