Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Thought the Year-Old-Software Returner Was Bad...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Thought the Year-Old-Software Returner Was Bad...

We've got a two-year-old-software returner.

The stupid reseller never contacted us, took it back without verifying that it was removed from the returner's computers, issued a refund, RESOLD the returned license to another end user (who won't be able to activate because the returner used up all the activations and didn't bother de-activating) and THEN decided to inform us of that fact.

What

The

Hell?

It's not like we don't back our product up. We have a 90 day return period. All we ask our resellers to do if they take back software is to contact us before issuing any refunds. This lets us at least attempt make sure the end user has removed the software from his computer, retire the returned license, and issue the reseller a replacement license, gratis. That way he can sell a brand spanking new license to another end user. And that end user won't have to worry about a possible software pirate having the the same license and using up his activations.

Even so, it's only 90 days. Two years is much longer than 90 days. Let's just say, if the Atlantic Ocean weren't between us, I'd be out of job for assaulting a customer.

And the worst part is that this particular reseller is well known for acting wounded when we have to explain a policy to them. They act like we've insulted their intelligence, their competence and their freaking honor.

So I wrote back and explained that there was going to be a problem and now I'm waiting for them to slap me with a glove and demand satisfaction.

Then there was the Button-Monkey who kept the phones audibly ringing for 20 minutes while Eugene and I were in a vital meeting instead of just leaving a message. Ringing phones make us twitch.

Not to mention one of my co-workers who doesn't like talking to customers keeps taking messages with no useful information and expecting me to call back cold to find out that it was something the co-worker could have handled herself. Oh, and she's mad at me because I'm not supposed to question why she hands things off to me.

It's just been a great day so far.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.
Working...
X