This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Hail The Princess

So I'm doing rooms and one of my rooms had a DND sign on the door. I'm in the middle of a checkout and I see her take the sign off the door (not flip it over to Service Please) and leave. I finish the checkout which takes ten minutes when she returns, she literally scowls at me and makes a point of the putting the sign back on her door and slamming it. Okay whatever if you want your service right away ask me or put up the service sign.

So an hour goes by all the rooms are done and I am disposing of the garbage and bringing in the linen. She stands outside and watches me put the cart away, as I am walking by she pulls out the sign and pointedly turns the side to Service Please. And without a word walks off.

For the love of God could you have just told me that you wanted service instead of watching me put my stuff away only to have me take it all out again. F$%#in princess.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Wow, that's unbelieveable; what the heck was the point of that? *shakes head.* Some people just delight in making more work for others than is necessary.
    "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
    - Raven

Comment

Passive-agressive?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wow - slightly off topic - but this reminds me of my short stint as a housekeeper when I was about 15 years old. It was one of my summer jobs. I didn't really like it - but it was money, right? I know this is "morons in management" type post, but it seemed to fit here, mods, feel free to move.

The first summer I did it, I sucked at it, I was always having to go back to rooms and re-do something or another. Anyway, the second summer, I got much better at it as I had found my rhythm most of the supervisors loved the performance improvement and commended me often! Anyhoo...

We were absolutely, under no circumstance AT ALL WHATSOEVER to knock on the door of a room that had a "DND" sign on it. AT ALL! EVER! NEVER! EVER Got it! I did - I knew this.

I had finished my rounds early one day - except for one room with a DND sign on it. I turned in my sheet and the supervisor on shift that day (who hated me! AND I MEAN HATED ME!!!! My best guess is because I was young, pretty and her boyfriend who also worked there made some derogatory comments to me when he didn't know she was there!)

She asked about the room I didn't finish - I told her - "DND" sign. She said, "clean the room"...

I said, "DND" sign....

She said, "CLEAN. THE. ROOM."

So, reluctantly, I head to the room, knowing full well that I am not allowed to be doing this...but I was young and naive and just wanted to get the bitch off my back...

I get to the room, I hesitate - that's when I hear that the shower is running. Uh-uh! No way am I knocking on this damn door! So I leave.

I get back downstairs and the following is the conversation best as I can remember...

ME - young, high school kid working a summer job
        BB - Bitchy boss

BB - Did you clean that room already?

ME - No, there's the "DND" sign on the door, and they were in the shower! I didn't...

BB - WHAT?!?!! I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO KNOCK!

ME - I didn't knock, I could hear...

BB - WHAT THE FUCK? Are you stupid? I didn't tell you to knock, you're not supposed to...

(here is where my angry teenage self kicked in - I had SUCH a temper when I was young - my nickname in high school was "spaz" because of my tendencies to randomly throw books and the occasional desk and cuss out class mates and teachers - I was a very angry teen!)

ME - I DIDN'T KNOCK!!! I HEARD THE SHOWER RUNNING THROUGH THE DOOR!!! THE...

BB - I JUST ASKED YOU TO CLEAN THE FUCKING ROOM!!!!!! I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO KNOCK! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF HERE FOR THE DAY!! YOU'RE DONE!!!

ME - I entered a zone that I could only describe as the ludicrous zone - you know, where your temper is way past the "red" and "plaid" stage and just beyond the realm of reality. I started screaming at this woman, calling her EVERY NAME I COULD THINK OF - but successfully avoiding any racial slurs - I was highly pissed off but also aware that I liked my co-workers and did not want to offend them and I hate racial slurs anyway - I let her have it - I was so pissed off I started crying but not because I was sad - by any means - but because I was pissed off. I threw my clipboard in her general direction and gave her several options of what orifice she could shove the job. And yes, I avoided racial slurs, but not the "c" word. I used that rather loudly, down the hall from her, nearly out the door so that all the guests on that wing could hear me! I'm glad I'm not so hot-headed anymore. I have my moments, but never nearly as bad as this one or the others I had during this time of my life!

Sorry for the hijack!
        Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 01-28-2007, 02:12 PM. Reason: added apology for the hijack
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Damn friend o'Jim.

You scare me........stay over there in the call center, 'k?
          j/k

But she exspected you to clean the room even though they were in the shower? Couldn't that be potentially dangerous, not to mention really, really weird???

Truthhurts, I really hope you didnt get your stuff back out right away. If she could wait to let you know she wanted service, then she could wait to receive service!
          Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Actually when we were doing our teacher orientation here in Korea, the maids come in as long as there's no DND sign. Doesn't matter if you're in the room sleeping, watching TV or whatever; if that sign's not up, they're coming in. Have to say it was the oddest experience waking up to the sound of vacuuming and then realizing there were three extra people in my room.
            "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
            - Raven

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              And yes, I avoided racial slurs, but not the "c" word.
              And why should you? Unlike race, being a cunt is a choice.

Comment

friendofjimmyk, you win the Intranet.
                The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

TruthHurts: apparently, the "F$%#in princess" has not the ability to read. Either it needed to be done for her and her servants were simply busy doing other chores. And the word "Please" (as in Service Please) probably confused her too much, so she felt the need to make gestures instead of asking.

friendofjimmyk: so basically, she was probably trying to get you fired. As soon as you would have gone to clean the room, the occupant would have either freaked out (and done the whole, "I'm gonna get you fired" spiel) or your manager would have done the "You shouldn't have cleaned that room, it had a DND sign on" (you know, in a know-it-all kind of way). Better to go out in a blaze of glory! Huzzah!
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X