This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In addition to uniforms...

What are some props that retail workers should have next to them (or on them) in addition to their uniforms? I'm talking like, protection props.

For example:

I notice at the factory I work at now, certain departments deal with chemicals, and any employees dealing with chemicals have to wear face shields.

One of those face shields would have came in pretty darn handy at the gas station, all the times that people threw things at my face, aka ID cards, checks, even money was thrown at my face at times.

If I were still at the gas station, I'd have a face shield under my register, and any time I'd card someone, I'll pull the shield up to protect my face from the ID card that would be (within seconds) whipped directly at my face by the SC who's infuriated at the thought of being carded.

The face shield would also come in handy for those of us retail workers who've ever been spit on or almost hit in the face.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Presumably a taser doesn't count? Handcuffs and a gag would be favourite for some customers (and no, that is NOT my inner S&M practitioner coming out).
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

I would LOVE to have a horn, or something, so people would get out of my way when I'm trying to push the salad bar cart back and forth.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I have an idea.....

Most factorys that deal with chemicals have eye wash stations readily available, how bout one for cashiers that was modified and filled with brain bleech?
        "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

A crowd-control calibre fire hose.

Or, just keep a decorative sword nearby. Nobody screws with a guy next to a claymore.
          Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Easy. Shotgun.
            Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

i would just settle for a cow prodder myself, less illegal. and i have been hit in the face by a customer. (long story meant for another thread i'm sure)
              Working in retail kills your faith in humanity. --professor at TTU

Comment

a face shield and an air horn; protect your face then blast their ears as a 'reward' for their bad behavior, kind of like pavlov, only MUCH louder.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

A bottle of checkstand cleaner. I call it my customer repelent. Spray that stuff all over your belt anf they move to the next line.

WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Brief hijack

Quoth Acolyte
                    Nobody screws with a guy next to a claymore.
                    OT: Acolyte, may I use this freakishly brilliant line?
                    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte
                      A crowd-control calibre fire hose.

Or, just keep a decorative sword nearby. Nobody screws with a guy next to a claymore.
                      Spend a few extra bucks and get something a bit more functional, just in case.

Comment

"Can I see that sword?"
                        "Only if you piss me off, and it'll be the last thing you see."

As for me, a blow gun and a licence permitting lethal force at my discretion.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

A set of speakers, set up to a computer. In quiet times, I would have music rockin', but when a SC comes up, I would have it set up to say various movie quotes that are (in)appropriate:

"You dick!" - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
                          "If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell" - The Matrix
                          Anything said to the recruits by the drill sergent in Full Metal Jacket
                          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Acolyte
                            Acolyte, I think I love you! I've been threatening to bring my Celtic short sword to work for years!

I always ask for a cattle prod for my b-day or Christmas, haven't gotten one yet. I think everybody's afraid that I'll actually use it.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

You know how Mr. Burns from The Simpsons has that button underneath his desk that he presses and a small section of the floor falls through? Thats what I want.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Working...
                              X