This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finders keepers?

hi guys. i read few posts here on this site. i love it!

got a story to tell you. it happened a couple of years ago but still fresh in my mind.

i was working at a liquor store in a shady neighborhood. (the pay was good though)

kinda busy day. a customer dropped something like a ten dollars worth of change. i took the money, didn't bother to count them as i kew the customer who are always good, and moved the pile of coins toward the edge of the counter and did some other thing. another customer came up and asked for something. i had to go to the storage room to get the item he wanted. i came back, and the pile of coins were still on the counter, except that it's been magically moved to the other side of the edge near the customer. i got confused.

"um... isn't that mine?", i asked, pointing at the pile of change the customer was counting.

"nope. it's mine," he said.

"i'm pretty sure it's mind. its the money the other customer just paid," i said.

"nope it's mine. i found it here in the counter. finders keeper," he said.

i was totally dumbfounded. how do you reason with that?

i threatened to call the police. he didn't budge. so i did call the police. only then,

he left the store, leaving the pile of change on the counter, cussing out.

needless to say, i never left money on the counter again

Finders keepers? I don't think so! Calling the police was a good move!

by the way!
    Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

why was the pile of coins left on the counter rather than placed in the till?

You are lucky, the money wasn't just pocketed

Comment

I was also wondering why the money was left unattended on the counter.

Sadly, if you don't want any customers bothering something, you pretty much have to move it out of their reach because there is always someone who has no concept of boundaries.

At a previous convenience store job, we always kept a bad check list at the register. It was updated monthly by the main office. One day, we received a new bad check list, and I was reviewing it between customers. One of our trashy customers who happens to be a major psychobitch came up to pay for her stuff. I put the list down on the counter to ring up her stuff without thinking about it. I was more interested in getting her transaction done as quickly as possible since I'd rather not deal with her any longer than necessary.

As I started the transaction, she just takes it on herself to pick up the list as if she thought she was entitled to look at it. I snapped at her to put it down because it's none of her business. She whined that she wanted to see if her name was on it. I snatched it out of her hands, and told her wouldn't surprise me a bit. Her name has been on the bad check list before. Maybe not a professional response from me, but I didn't care because I don't like psychobitches like her anyway. I went back to ringing up her stuff without saying anything more than her total and giving her change back.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

We all have to learn sometime, don't we?

The police was a great move. It threw cold ice on his fiery attempt to snatch someone else's money.

Welcome aboard.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Hey, we all do dumb things from time to time.

Not that the idiot who tried to steal your money had an excuse. Good for you for calling the cops on the twatwaffle.

to

Comment

Working...
            X