This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm one of THOSE people now...

This morning *I* was the sucky customer.
    I picked up a coffee on the way to the grocery store. Entered grocery store, sipping away at my coffee. Took my time, compared labels, prices, etc. I was in a sort of shopping daze. Sat the coffee cup down on an empty shelf once or twice to free up a hand, but always grabbed it again before moving on.
    Or so I thought.
    I got to the checkout and realized the coffee cup was no longer in my hand. Where the hell had I left it? I retraced my steps, but couldn't find it. Maybe an employee had already cleaned it up.
    Oops.
    The only thing that made me feel better was remembering that a while back at the same store I had found a carton of milk, still cold, sitting in the snackfood aisle. I returned it to the cooler.
    Maybe some woman got to the checkout that day wondering what the hell she had done with that milk...

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

No, you're not one of THOSE people.
    You're just someone who forgot your coffee.
    And I really mean that; not trying to just be nice...

THOSE people stash their partially-consumed food behind something on the shelf on purpose because they're too damned lazy to find a trash can and an employee or customer finds it after it's developed cooties and arms and legs.
    That's what THOSE people do.

I found a half-empty jar of baby food in the toy section once (carefully hidden under a rack of baby socks) and it was all sorts of pretty colors by the time I discovered it.
    It just looked at me with those big mossy eyes and said, "Could you slip me into the trash, please? I'm ever so rank!"
    Lazy MFSCs.
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

No, you are not one of those people. Anyone could have done that, but at least you're a good samaritan in returning the milk to its proper place. You should have been working with me the night at Publix when I was assigned to clean the restrooms. Some lady had changed their baby's diaper in the ladies room and discarded the dirty, nasty, feces-filled diaper in the toilet, completely open! It was all I could do to keep from vomiting all over the floor. Makes you wonder if this mother did that in her own home! Yuck!

Comment

You weren't an SC. It was an honest mistake.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
          I found a half-empty jar of baby food in the toy section once (carefully hidden under a rack of baby socks) and it was all sorts of pretty colors by the time I discovered it.
          YYUUCCKKYY!! That's gross. Goodness knows what some sort of disease could have been floating around in the mold . . .

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          Some lady had changed their baby's diaper in the ladies room and discarded the dirty, nasty, feces-filled diaper in the toilet, completely open! It was all I could do to keep from vomiting all over the floor. Makes you wonder if this mother did that in her own home!
          Same reaction as above.

Boozy . . . there's no way you could even compare yourself to these people!!!!
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
            "No, they DON'T. They have people here to stock shelves, to gather carts, to check people out and to help people out with their groceries. NO ONE here was hired to pick up after lazy ass jerks like you who can't be bothered to go back ONE aisle to put something back where they got it. For crying out loud, we all learned that in kindergarten. Put stuff back where you got it." I went back to my cart and resumed my slow stroll down the cereal aisle, noting with pleasure that my favourite cereal (Reese Puffs) was on sale. I got two boxes.
            Hey! Way to go!

I love Reese Puffs!
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

That's not sucky of you at all. God knows we've all done that. I think, being in customer service, we all are overly cautious about how we act as customers. I know I do, anyway.

Here's a gem....

Last Saturday, I found a used bandaid (very well used, btw) stuck to a display in our store. It was stuck so that the 'gag-me' side was showing. That was no accident. Nasty bastards.
              Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

I thought she was gonna say she turned into me the other night.

I went into IHOP and was really in a great mood as we went in. Great service being sat down and the waiter started out ok. He took our order without taking notes and had to come back 4 times to ask what we wanted. Then when the food came out it was wrong so we sent it back then the next food, fresh off the grill, was cold as ice so I complained and sent it back twice. The thrid time it was still cold so I told them I was going to McDonalds to get a hot meal. We at least didn't have to pay for it but I won't go back again because of it.

Comment

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
                  "No, they DON'T. They have people here to stock shelves, to gather carts, to check people out and to help people out with their groceries. NO ONE here was hired to pick up after lazy ass jerks like you who can't be bothered to go back ONE aisle to put something back where they got it. For crying out loud, we all learned that in kindergarten. Put stuff back where you got it." I went back to my cart and resumed my slow stroll down the cereal aisle, noting with pleasure that my favourite cereal (Reese Puffs) was on sale. I got two boxes.

You never concluded this story as to what this guy did after you tore him a new one. Did he put the shampoo back, or did he still leave it there and go about his business?
                  Last edited by MadMike; 02-01-2007, 02:45 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Working...
                  X