Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost 5 lbs waiting on on one table...

I literally stumbled upon this site yesterday. No, really, I used a Firefox plugin called StumbeUpon, and it brought me here. I love this forum! I never realized just how many SC stories I had before I came here.

Here's a conversation between me (the server) and some yankee woman who got her kicks from watching me run around needlessly. During her meal she asked for ketchup she didn't use. Then she asked me to switch that bottle of ketchup with a brand new one ("I better hear it pop when I open it.") At the height of our rush, she sent me for "lots of extra lemon" that she never touched. I was instructed to get her a glass of water even though she was already drinking Perrier. When I bussed their table I found that glass of water completely full. Well, you get the picture.

SC: Do you have hot tea?
    What I was thinking: I have a tea bag, and I have hot water. Will that suffice?
    What I said: Yes. Would you prefer lemon or milk with your tea?

SC: I want both.
    What I said: I have to say I've met people who were sticklers about the amount of sugar in their tea, and I've know people who are particular about the temperature of the water with which they steep their tea. I must admit you are the first person I've ever met who enjoys a nice hot cup of tea flavored with curdled milk.
    What I was thinking: Jane, you ignorant slut! You can't mix milk with lemon juice!

Did she ?

And how much was your tip?
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Don't you just love those condescending know-it-alls who then show off their blatant ignorance?
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth DigitalEyes View Post

SC: Do you have hot tea?
        What I was thinking: I have a tea bag, and I have hot water. Will that suffice?
        What I said: Yes. Would you prefer lemon or milk with your tea?

SC: I want both.
        What I said: I have to say I've met people who were sticklers about the amount of sugar in their tea, and I've know people who are particular about the temperature of the water with which they steep their tea. I must admit you are the first person I've ever met who enjoys a nice hot cup of tea flavored with curdled milk.
        What I was thinking: Jane, you ignorant slut! You can't mix milk with lemon juice!
        I used to work with someone that tried to put milk and lemon both in their hot tea....and insisted that the milk must be bad! They just could not understand that the lemon was making the milk curdle! After about 4 tries one night (that I witnessed) they finally switched to soda...convinced that all of the milk in the restaurant was bad.
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Didn't these people ever have grade school science class? Jeez, at summer camp we have an experiment for the Brownie* Girl Scouts that shows them that!

*for those not familiar- Brownie level girls are 5-8 years old.
          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Even I know you don't mix milk and lemon juice!!!!!!
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I didn't know it...

But methinks I would've figured it out before the fourth try... eesh.
              Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

but that's a substitute for buttermilk in baking! One cup of milk to one teaspoon of lemon juice (or white vinegar works too) .... maybe she likes her tea with buttermilk

(nah, she was just an entitlement whore who wanted to make the lowly peon work more)
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I remember when I attempted to put lemon in tea that I had already added milk to and watched it create a curdle effect. I learned a lesson and blamed no one!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                    Did she ?

And how much was your tip?
                    The woman with whom the SC was dining was absolutely mortified by her friend's behavior throughout the meal. She came back and slipped me a decent tip. The SC most likely wouldn't have tipped well regardless of the service, atmosphere, quality of food, etc.

For the record, the only difference between a server and a servant is a tip.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                      but that's a substitute for buttermilk in baking! One cup of milk to one teaspoon of lemon juice (or white vinegar works too) .... maybe she likes her tea with buttermilk

(nah, she was just an entitlement whore who wanted to make the lowly peon work more)
                      Geez, I barely cook and even I know that!

A few weeks ago I got a little 1/2 pint carton of milk from my work cafeteria - I usually get one on Monday and it lasts me a week for tea. It was close to the expiration date but 2 days later, it still should have been fine. I put my hot water and tea bag in the cup and went to add the milk...and it turned solid as soon as it hit the water! Put me off my tea for the rest of the week.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                      X